Chapter 30: Time to fight

A/N: Sorry for a rather long chapter. But it felt better than to make it into two part.

Also, 300 reads?!? Completely crazy! Thanks a lot!

Dream POV

Obnoxious knockings were the thing that awoke Dream up from his slumber. He reached for his mask out of instinct. It took him a few minutes to figure out where he was. The former night's argument kept replaying in his head. The mask was back in place just in time for Sapnap to storm into his room.

"Do you sleep with that mask, Smiley?" The ravenette said with a teasing expression. Dream smiled behind the mask. It was refreshing to see how Sapnap seemed to enjoy his current life. The light-hearted teasing was also a nice contrast towards George emotionless attitude. 

Sapnap said that it was lunch time and told Dream to join them downstairs before he closed the door. He couldn't figure out why Sapnap would appear so trusting towards him, despite Dream being a complete stranger.

Dream owned no phone as his boss had deemed it too risky. So, there was no way to know what time it was. But he decided to take a shower before heading down. The bathroom was stunning. It consisted of a double sink with a mirror behind it, that covered most of the wall. The combined bath and shower setup was certainly the most eye-catching detail. The shower was huge with water coming from the entire ceiling and not just from a showerhead. The bathtub was built into the wall and had a pattern of natural rocks decoration the surface. His muscles were tense, and the warm water felt like heaven. Though, he didn't allow himself to shower for as long as he might have wanted. 

The fussy details about his new assignment still bothered him.

When he entered the kitchen, he was met by Sapnap and Karl. They were laughing about something yet unknown. They noticed his presence and turned towards him. Dream sat down at one of the barstools at the kitchen island. 

Fruit, sandwiches, eggs and bacon all laid in front of him. Karl told him to get whatever he wanted. Dream didn't complain, he was starving. Sapnap and Karl kept talking. Even though, Dream didn't respond with words, the pair made a good job at including him in the conversation. They talked about some street race that had occurred last night and how Quackity and someone named Punz, both had gotten into some not-so-pretty situation. They assured him that both were fine. 

And speaking of Quackity. The beanie-wearing guy made his way down the stairs. Bruises painted the left side of his face, and his right arm was neatly placed in a cast. His heart dropped when he saw that George was following him down the stairs. The same reserved expression was back again. He shot Dream a quick, unreadable glance before turning his attention towards Sapnap and Karl. Quackity sat down beside him and groaned in pain.

"What was you thinking, idiot?" Sapnap asked as Quackity grabbed a mango.

"You can't only pin this on me. It was four of us left and me and Punz needed to win. You know how angry the big man gets otherwise." 

Karl rolled his eyes. "It never crossed your mind that he might've gotten more upset if you died?" 

Quackity rose his hands in defense. "Well, I'm fine now. Apart from some minor bruising." George raised an eyebrow at the comment and Quackity lowered his gaze.

Another beaten and bruised person made his way down the stairs. Dream furrowed his brows. 

Luke

George looked up from his food, took one look at the guy and sighed. "Alright, Punz. Time to patch you up as well then." Punz didn't object and followed George back upstairs. Leaving Dream with Quackity, Karl and Sapnap.