2

"I feel the sun on my face-

Clarke raise an ayebrow at the screen but stayed silent.

"-I see trees all around me, the scent of wildflowers on a breeze. It's so beautiful. In this moment, I'm not stranded in space. It's been ninety-seven years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on Earth,-

"You really thought everyone died?" Lexa asks almost amuse

The arkers look a little embarrassed

"-leaving the planet simmering in radiation. Fortunately, there were survivors. Twelve nations had operational space stations at the time of the bombs. There is now only the Ark, one station forged from the many. We're told the Earth needs another hundred years to become survivable again. Four more space-locked generations, and man can go home, back to the ground. The ground, that's the dream. This is reality."

[Door opens]

Male Guard    : Prisoner three-one-nine, face the wall.

Clarke: Reality sucks.

Clarke: What is this?

Male Guard: Quiet. Hold out your right arm.

Clarke    No. No. It's not my time. I don't turn eighteen for another month.

"Your time for what?" Lincoln asks confuse.

"I'm sure it will be explained" clarke said with a hint of fear in her tone. This just made the grounders more curious.

Male Guard: Hold out your arm.

Clarke: On The Ark, every crime, no matter how small, is punishable by death unless you're under eighteen.

The grounders raise a brow at that as it's sound like a really stupid thing to do.

Male Guard: Your watch.

Clarke:    No. It was my father's.

Male Guard: Take it off.

Clarke:    No.

Male Guard    : Hey!

Clarke:    No.

[Zap]

Clarke: Juvenile offenders get put here... Lockup. We call it the Sky Box.

[Door opens]

Costa: Prisoner three nineteen...

Abby: Clarke, stop. Wait here.

Clarke:     Mom? Mom, what's going on? What is this?

Lexa felt emotion she didn't understand (or she didn't want to understand) pity?

Male Guard    : Come on. Let's go.

Clarke: They're killing us all, aren't they, reducing population to make more time for the rest of you?

Abby: Clarke, you are not being executed. You're being sent to the ground, all one hundred of you.

The arkers were shocked 😮

Clarke: What? But it's not safe. No. No.

Abby: Shh.

Clarke: We get reviewed at eighteen.

Abby: The rules have changed. This gives you a chance to live. Your instincts will tell you to take care of everybody else first, just like your father. But be careful, I can't lose you, too. I love you so much.

Clarke:    Oh! [Click] (as Clarke gets shot with a needle and faints into Abby's arms)

Abby: Earth, Clarke. You get to go to Earth.