9

Callie: Hey, Ab. How's the Chancellor doing?

Abby: Ask me again if he makes it through the night. Who else did we lose?

Apprentice: Murphy and Mbege, both named John.

Kane: Neither was injured during landing.

Apprentice : I concur. Something else killed these two. One second, they were fine, and the next, bang.

Abby: Then it isn't radiation.

Kane: Come on, Abby. Wishful thinking isn't good science.

Abby: It's not wishful thinking. One second, fine, the next, bang isn't how exposure to radiation presents.

Kane: Well, it could be if there was enough of it.

Abby: If there was enough of it, they would all be dead. Please let me be right.

Finn: Hey, you know what I'd like to know? Why send us down today after ninety seven years? What changed?

Octavia : Who cares? I'm just glad they did. I woke up rotting in a cell, and now I'm spinning in a forest.

Monty: Maybe they found something on a satellite, you know, like an old weather satellite or it wasn't a satellite.

Clarke: The Ark is dying. At the current population level, there's roughly three months left of life support, maybe four now that we're gone.

"What?" Clarke asks seeming the looks she was getting.

The others just shaked there's heads not saying anything.

Finn: So that was the secret they locked you up to keep, why they kept you in solitary, floated your old man?

"Really Finn" Raven mumbled with her head down.

Clarke: My father was the engineer who discovered the flaw. He thought the people had a right to know. The Council disagreed. My mother disagreed. They were afraid it would cause a panic. We were gonna go public, anyway, when Wells...

Monty: What, turned in your dad?

"Ohhh" Octivia dragged out understanding why clarke seems to hate him so much.

Clarke: Anyway, the guard showed up before we could. That's why today. That's why it was worth the risk. Even if we all die, at least they bought themselves more time.

Monty: They're gonna kill more people, aren't they?

Octavia: Good. After what they did to me, I say, float them all.

Jasper: You don't mean that.

Finn: We have to warn them.

Clarke: That's what my father said.

Jasper: Oh, damn, I love Earth.

Monty: Oh! Holy...

Finn: Ha ha!

Jasper:  Hoo hoo hoo.

Clarke: Octavia, it's not like I'm not enjoying the view but what the hell are you doing?

"Ughhh clarkeeee" Octivia and Raven said.

Clarke just shrugged with a smirk on her (beautiful) face.

[Splash]

Monty: Octavia! We can't swim.

Octavia: I know, but we can stand. Ha ha ha!

Clarke: Wait. There's not supposed to be a river here.

Finn: Well, there is. So take off your damn clothes.