15

I walked into the cafeteria. It smelled like fries, and sweat. Yup, another typical cafeteria smell.

I walked in, the heel of my shoes clicking, as I took every step. As I walked by, from the corner of my eyes, I could see him.

I could see the guy who once my number one priority.

I could see the guy, who I had loved for too long, and too right.

I could see the guy, who I broke, because of my heart.

I could see the guy, who once...

Just once...

Gave me warmth in my heart.

He looked like he no longer was alive, and was just a corpse, but with a body, saying he was breathing.

The bags under his eyes, or his rough lips, could tell me all the stories that were running in his mind.

Just by looking, I could tell he was physically there, but mentally, he was lost in his own world. A world with fear, and pain. A world, where nothing was right.

It just made my heart drop more, as I knew, I was the one, who made him, who he is today. I was the one who sent him to the other world. All for my selfish thoughts.

I pushed all the thoughts to the back of my mind. I may have been selfish, but what I did was right. Every single time, I love someone, they break me. They break me more than before, and crush me harder than ever. I was done with this. Yes, what I did was selfish, but I did it all for the best.

I mean, look at me. I was no, "fine" girl, they say of these days. I was just me. The girl who stayed up to many nights crying, and had to many scars. I was just... Broken. And the thing is, you cannot fix the broken.

You cannot heal the scars

You cannot tape the broken heart

And most of all,

You cannot take away the pain.