Chapter 18.75

The fact that Adelaide had come back home, had everyone on their toes in the beginning. But she had now been here for a month and they had gotten back to standard routine. They had started to ignore her and pretend she didn't exist unless it suited them.

The only ones that didn't Adelaide could count on one hand. Ezekiel, Lemuel, Teddy, and Genevieve. Of course the staff that had worked here for years hadn't forgotten her either, how could they when Miss Marie and Mister Beckett were very attentive with her.

Mister Beckett was even honoured when Adelaide had asked him to support her during the trial knowing he was like a safety blanket to her. The trial was in three weeks.

Ricardo hadn't really talked to Adelaide since he tried to apologise. Her words were still in the back of his mind. 'Forgiveness is not given, it is earned'.
But he steadily forgot them until it was too late.
Everyone just seemingly forgot about her.
Noah didn't.
Noah was being haunted by his memories of her.

His Rora. He hated Adelaide. This fake persona of a person he used to love.
But what Noah didn't know yet was just how far he would go. He would tip the scales.
Adelaide's mind was deteriorating. She was losing her battles with the demons that had awoken the moment she stepped into this house.

She was barely sleeping and when she did, it would only be memories. A dark past.
She didn't want to bother anyone with her problems.
So she kept up the charade.
She kept up the facade.
She would keep on doing it, until someone could hear her scream. Scream for help.
But Adelaide had learned over the years. It doesn't matter how hard or loud you scream, if those around you are deaf to it.