Chapter 37

I wanted to mention that in the last chapter the book Teddy was reading is an instalment from the court of thrones and roses instalment by Sarah J Maas. Her books and author Bradley Beaulieu Shattered Sands novella were the reason I fell back in love with the written words and so inspired me to put my own words to paper, letting my imagination run free.
Let's go to the chapter!!

Trigger Warning:
Our Girl is LIVID.. Hide...
Mentions of abuse, rape and the past.
Suicide
—————————————————————

I was broken from a young age
Taking my sulking to the masses
Writing my poems for the few
That look at me, took to me, shook to me, feeling me
Singing from heartache from the pain
Taking my message from the veins
Speaking my lesson from the brain
Seeing the beauty through the...
Pain!

Loneliness.
Being left alone. That was the one thing Adelaide hated at this point in her life. She didn't want to be alone. The people around her could make her mind escape the taunting demons. They could make her mind escape from the looming darkness that would have a severe hold on her fragile thoughts. She did not want to be consumed by them anymore then she had already been in the past. She wanted to get rid of them. She needed them to be gone.
Luckily for her, her companions did not leave her, there would always be someone with her, whether she was awake or asleep, there was always someone guarding her, protecting her, holding her.

Adelaide had been awake for three weeks and would have to stay in the hospital for another week before she could recover somewhere else. All she wanted was to go home, back to Miami, but that would never fly with her father, whom she had not seen yet, courtesy of her brothers. She had seen James and Aquila. They had visited her, but were informed beforehand to keep the conversation light and to not talk about anything regarding her kidnapping. Adelaide was happy with the fact that her arms were no longer in a cast. The breakage to her wrists were not as severe as originally thought and she was allowed braces, which granted her a bit more mobility.

Robèrt and Adelaide were currently playing chess. Robèrt was discharged days ago but came to the hospital everyday to at least visit his new daughter, as Rebecca called her.
"Are you going to set a move or do you forfeit?" He asked her.
She looked up at him with haunting eyes.
"What's the matter?" He asked as she looked away. Adelaide sighed as she kept looking out of the window.

"They want to know what happened. I know they want to ask, but I can't physically tell them. I don't wish to taint their minds and memories of me."
"You think they would look at you differently? Sweetheart, of course they want to know what happened, but not for the reasons your mind thinks. Why don't you talk to me about it? I went through something slightly similar. " Adelaide looked up at him.
"You have your own demons to fight, I can't let my demons in. You have been tortured for five years, I... I can't..."Adelaide sighed out.

"Do you know what the brain does to people who have experienced some type of trauma? Self preservation. Normally when people go through a certain type of trauma, the brain makes you forget, sometimes it's the only way for your brain to cope with the harm done. Your brain has not done that, probably because your memory is so detailed. Your mind doesn't know what to do with it so it projects itself to your consciousness for you to cope with. But if you do not let anyone in, if you do not somehow come to peace with what happened to you, it will keep haunting you for the rest of your life. And your brothers, they will not think differently of you. They will not think you're some porcelain doll that's about to break and they will not look at you with pity. All they will see is a young lady that persevered through hardship, someone that will come out stronger, but for that you need help. You need to let them in, to see you, bare and god forbid vulnerable. That is the only way for them to be able to help you become the woman you are."