Chapter one

These days will pass...

Seher thought to herself as she looked around the boiler room. She'd kept repeating this phrase to herself for the past two months, like a litany of hope when she'd missed her family too much. She'd missed Yusuf's laughter and his soft baby scent. She'd missed Yaman's comforting hugs and his secret smile reserved just for her. She'd missed the time the three of them spent together, away from the rest of the world, enclosed in their tiny safe bubble of happiness.

Seher took a deep breath. It was going to be alright. She would hug Yaman again and hold his hands. She just had to be patient until he was completely fine before she exposed that hideous woman.

She touched her locket where she'd hidden the SD chip with all the recordings she'd made. It would prove how Miss Çanan had threatened her with his life, how she had forced her to break him down and leave the mansion forever. Yaman would believe her. He was already questioning why she'd changed in the space of a week and suddenly left him. This proofs would clear his doubts.

Seher stood up. She was not comfortable waiting in this boiler room. Not because it was hot and damp and smelled of mildew but because that woman was still in the mansion under the same roof as her precious family. The thought chilled her to the bones.

She trailed up the garden path and approached the main door. Then she hesitated. This was her home- the place where she'd been safe and happy. But now she felt like an intruder in her own home. Sister Adalet and Neslihan's eyes slid away from her whenever she came near to them. They were probably shocked that she'd run away with another man, stabbing Yaman in the back. And those words Zuhal had said to her this morning, pierced her heart. You're used to stains that won't go away.. They'd been so... dismissive.

If anyone could understand Seher's situation it should have been Zuhal. She'd been disgraced and thrown out of the house by Yaman himself. She knew what it felt like to be shunned by the people closest to her and cast away from her hearth.

But now Seher understood. No matter how much kindness she'd shown to the woman, she would never change her narcissistic ways. At least Seher still had Yusuf, brother Ziya and brother Çenger at her side...

"Mr Çenger?"

Seher halted. It was Neslihan's voice.

"I couldn't take it, so I called you. I'm going crazy out of curiosity. Is Mr Yaman alright? How were the results?"

Seher's breath stopped.

"Really?? So it's over? Mr Yaman has healed? Oh, thank God..."

She babbled something else but Seher's ears were ringing. Yaman had recovered? He was fine? She clutched at her racing heart. Yaman was healed! She couldn't help the happy laugh that threatened to spill out of her mouth.

"What are you doing here with that look on your face?"

Seher flinched. Çanan stood at the front door, clutching her cardigan around her, arms crossed. The look in her eyes sent chills down Seher's spine.

"Didn't Yaman throw you into the boiler room? With what right are you walking around like you're still the lady of the mansion?"

Seher turned and walked away. It wasn't worth it. She hated feeling weak and that woman had made her feel weak and helpless. Plus, now that she knew the woman's true face, it felt disgusting even to be near her- like she was standing next to a venomous snake or a poisonous bug.

Seher backtracked to the garden and sat under a tree at the far end. A while later, Yaman's car pulled up the path. She watched with an aching heart as he got out and walked inside with brother Çenger. He must be so happy. He was probably telling everyone in the mansion about the good news. Everyone must be ecstatic on his behalf. Seher felt glad that Yaman was much loved and respected by everyone in the mansion.

Everyone except his witch mother.

No, She thought. She wouldn't damp his happiness this early. Let him have some peace and calm. Just a few hours were left until she would expose that woman. She would show him how grateful she was, when they were finally out of Çanan's claws.

As the night approached, Seher couldn't contain her excitement. She took off her necklace and kissed the locket for good luck. This had been a talisman she'd hung on to during her darkest days. Now it contained recordings to prove her innocence.

Mustering up all of her courage and confidence, she went inside and trailed upstairs. Taking a deep breath, she knocked on the door to Yaman's office and pushed it open.

The scene that unfolded infront of her eyes, pulled the ground from right under her feet.

Yaman stood in the middle of the room, still clad in his gray turtleneck, as rigid as a board. Zuhal stood plastered against him, arms thrown around his middle, mouth pressed firmly against his mouth.

They were kissing.

They were kissing!!

The two broke apart to the sound of the door opening. Zuhal made an annoyed sound. Yaman's eyes met Seher's over Zuhal and she could see the slowly dawning shock in them.

Zuhal huffed and pressed more closely to him, putting her head on his chest.

Seher stumbled backwards, gasping. All the rational thoughts seemed to flee her mind. She didn't even notice the necklace slipping from her grasp and falling to the ground, the locket rolling down the stairs into the room. Turning around, she ran away like the devil was on her heels. Her breathing came out in gasps.

Someone grabbed her arm. Seher looked up to see Çenger's smiling face.

"Miss Seher, I hope you heard the good news of Mr Yaman's recovery. Did you show the recordings to him?"

"What?" She stammered, lost in her pain.

"The recordings?" The expression in his eyes changed. "Miss Seher, are you alright?"

Seher pushed past him and ran outside. She should be crying now. Tears usually came to her very easily. But her eyes remained dry as she raced past the security guards at the gate and stumbled into the cold, lonely night, feeling the urge to run far, far away.

Far away from her pain.

❤️

I'm sorry but I live for angst. So bear with me..🤗
If you like the chapter give a vote and drop a comment 😘

-nocturnal4ever