Chapter eighteen

Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride 😁

❤️

It had to be done.

Yaman checked his watch, restlessly. It had almost been two weeks since the incident at the beach and he'd done everything he could, to secure his family's safety. He'd hired new security personnel for the mansion and personal bodyguards for every family member, so he knew their whereabouts at any time of the day. Yusuf was put to being homeschooled. The boy was annoyed at first, but Yaman sensed that he knew that something was wrong- he'd always been an intuitive child.

Nedim fidgeted beside him. "I don't like this, Yaman."

Yaman checked his phone this time, ignoring Nedim's remark. Ziya had a doctor's appointment today, in the hospital where Çiçek worked, so his nerves were frayed to a point. He'd placed his men all over the hospital grounds. He would die before he let anything happen to his brother.

"The last time you two talked face-to-face, he almost shot your arm off," Nedim said again. "This is not a good idea."

"I'm not going to spend the rest of my life in fear, because of him," Yaman said through his teeth. "There has to be a middle ground."

He paused.

"Or I'll kill him today and end this business right here."

The dockyard was deserted, except for an old fisherman in a hoodie, carrying a bucket of fish bait. Yaman looked around. How many times had he been in a situation like this? The shape of a gun at his waist and the comforting weight of the Bowie knife against his calf, Nedim next to him worrying about every possible outcome...

Yaman twisted his wedding ring, thoughtfully.

But he wasn't the same man he used to be...

Beside him, Nedim suddenly tensed. Yaman looked up.

Three men were coming down the dusty path of the dockyard, clad in all black, eyes shaded against the afternoon sunlight. Yaman straightened, hand loosely resting on the gun at his waist.

He recognized the man at the front. Sarp Raiz- Aksak's underboss in his work, who had looked over his business while he'd been abroad. Yaman had come across him a few times, over the years. He was almost as cunning as Aksak himself.

He took off his sunglasses, regarding Yaman through narrowed eyes, as black as a void.

"Raiz," Yaman said. "I hoped I'd meet up with your boss, but obviously he sent his dog instead. Of course. Is the old age catching up with him?"

Raiz smiled humorlessly. Almost as cunning as Aksak- but he hadn't mastered the art of keeping his feelings hidden. A muscle moved in his jaw.

"The boss is up and well, thank you for asking," He leaned forward. "What do you want, Kirimli?"

There was no point of beating around the bush.

"I want him to keep his filthy hands off my family," Yaman growled. "If he pulls something like, what he'd done at the beach..."

He would kill Aksak on the spot. There would be no second thoughts.

"Oh, he just wanted to take a look at your wife," Raiz smirked, noticing the way Yaman clenched his fists. "Boss was... surprised, when he got the news that the great Yaman Kirimli is no longer a bachelor. And has children for a change..."

Yaman moved forward without thinking, punching the guy on the nose. Raiz fell backwards, cursing profusely. Yaman looked up to see that his two lackeys had drawn their guns, ready to shoot him if he moved another inch.