Chapter fourteen

Bear with me🤗

❤️

The waiting was exhausting.

Seher pulled the dress over her head and looked at herself in the mirror. Her cheeks had filled out a little but the circles around her eyes were more prominent now. For the past few days, she'd had a hard time trying to fall asleep. The doctor had warned that the babies could be born anytime now, and the excitement coupled with the heavy weight around her middle made it impossible for her to rest.

She brushed her hair, tucking the stray strands behind her ears. She checked herself again critically. Seher was so used to being slender her whole life, the added pregnancy weight felt alien to her. After the doctor had warned her that her lightweight would make some complications for her to carry two babies around, Yaman had taken taken it upon himself to stuff her with food until she would feel like bursting. But her body stubbornly refused to gain weight.

At least the babies were super healthy.

Now she felt like a giant walrus, moving around on unsteady feet. Sitting in one place would cramp her back and calves and Seher found out that walking actually helped.

The only problem was she was so slow, a turtle could have outrun her at this point.

Seher walked out of the room. Çenger had refurbished the unused elevator, because she had almost stumbled down the stairs one time. It was way too risky for her to use the stairs when she couldn't even see her feet.

The elevator landed smoothly on the ground floor and she stepped out, focusing on putting one foot infront of the other. She halted at the stairs, frowning.

Yaman was sitting on the living room couch, a frown marring his brows, staring into the space. He'd left earlier, claiming that he had some urgent business to attend to, in the company. But apparently, he hadn't left. His expression looked grave and thoughtful.

Seher slowly approached him and Yaman glanced up. He immediately reached out to help her on to the sofa.

"How are you today?" He asked, automatically.

"I'm fine, except for the fact that I feel like a slow giant most of the time," she replied.

Then she searched his face.

"Are you alright?"

"Of course," But the frown lines on his forehead were prominent.

"You're not," she counteracted.

He shot her a keen look. "You're not in pain or anything, are you?"

Seher reached over and took his hand, peering into his eyes.

"You're hiding something. If you think being pregnant makes me fragile, it does not. Now tell me, what's wrong?"

Yaman took a deep breath.

"It's about the....woman who gave birth to me."

Seher pulled back.

She'd lived through amnesia and she'd hated every minute of it, but if there was one thing she would want to forget forever, it was that woman. Çanan- the woman who ruined her sons' childhood and nearly did the same thing again when she'd returned. Seher still remembered how she'd gone on her knees to beg for Yaman's life to no avail. Çanan's words echoed in her mind, leaving a bitter aftertaste.

"I'm sorry," Yaman said, immediately. "She wasn't a pleasant experience for either of us. It's better if we erase her altogether from our lives. It's just-" He looked at Seher, his gaze intense. "-she was pregnant when she left us."