Chapter three

This is the longest chapter ever and this contains a bit of graphic violence. So if you can't stomach this stuff, I encourage you to skip the chapter 😁

-nocturnal4ever
❤️

Çenger looked at his employer with concern. Yaman's expression was slack and everytime Seher talked in the recording, his hands seemed to spasm. Çenger sighed. He felt an immense pity for the man who sat infront of the table, eyes filled with pain. No child should have to experience this. No child should go through the agony of their own mother poisoning them for the sake of something as trivial as money.

That woman had come into their lives like a nightmare and she was forcing Yaman to relive all the pains and fears of his childhood. Çenger recalled how terrified he'd been of leaving his family behind if he died. Then he'd been living in hell since Seher had been forced to leave the mansion, making him believe that she no longer loved him. Both of them had been broken to their very core.

"What does this mean, brother?" Yaman asked, his voice barely more than a whisper.

Çenger looked away.

"You knew!" Yaman exclaimed. "That's why you kept silent whenever I blamed Seher. You knew, didn't you?"

Çenger nodded.

"Mrs. Seher contacted me a few days after she left. She made me listen to these recordings", he paused. "Your mother poisoned you, so you would want her liver. Mrs Seher found out after the doctor informed her that there was an active substance in your blood, damaging your liver. She also accidentally found out that Miss Çanan doesn't have cancer. She was using drugs just to make her look sick. When Mrs Seher confronted her, she threatened her with your life".

Yaman's face was too pale. Çenger reached for the decanter on the stool and poured him a glass of water. He downed it in one gulp.

Çenger decided to be reassuring.

"Mrs Seher called me everyday to check on your health. She always reminded me to give you your medicine on time. She asked after Little Sir too. She couldn't tell you the truth until now, in case you needed another transplant".

"I didn't know", Yaman kept muttering to himself. "I didn't know.. Nobody told me anything!"

He stood up abruptly and ran to his room. Çenger heard a door opening and out came the sounds of retching and heaving, proof that the shock was catching up with Yaman. Çenger poured another glass of water and watched as he came out, face drained of blood.

"How could I not see this?" He asked. "I put my wife through hell because of that woman's games! How could I be so clueless!"

The old spark seemed to come back to his dark eyes. Not the kind of spark he had for his wife and nephew, the kind that sent his enemies to their knees, begging for their lives.

Çenger stared apprehensively as Yaman paced the floor, his eyes unfocused, indicating that his sharp mind was at work.

He only hoped Yaman wouldn't completely give himself in to the demons inside of him.

************************************

Dawn broke over the mansion. Yaman sat on the living room couch, gazing out. From the outside, he looked his usual stoic self. But on the inside, he was burning. He'd planned all night. He knew what to do.

He had to forcefully hold himself back from going to Seher. He couldn't face her. Not yet. Not when he didn't even know what would compensate for everything that was said and done.

He stiffened as Zuhal and Çanan came down the stairs. How could he not see anything? He'd promised to himself that he wouldn't let anything happen to his family because of this woman. The cunning look in her eyes alone should have been a clue! Her evil words from the recordings kept replaying in his mind.