Chapter nine

So guys, I was going to prolong this amnesiac plot and keep Seher in the dark for a few chapters, but now that the original story has come to the same plot, I'm not going to prolong it because I don't want my story to overlap or unconsciously copy the original story. So in this chapter, Seher has regained most of her memories. I hope you understand 🤗

And romance and smut are not my strongest forte so please bear with me😂

Happy reading ❤️

-nocturnal4ever

Two weeks later, Seher was allowed to go home.

She'd gotten better after all her therapy sessions and the continuous visits from her family and friends. Physically and mentally she felt a lot better than she'd had for weeks. But Dr. Turgut had recommended home visits for evaluations, once every month.

Most of her memories didn't come to her in a steady flow. They would come in flashes, sometimes even in the middle of the night. In a way she was reliving everything, not just the happy events in her life, but all the painful moments too.

She didn't know what she'd have done, if Yaman hadn't held her hand throughout the whole process.

Now they sat in the living room, sharing coffee.

"Are you sure?" Yaman's voice sounded worried. "It's a long way from here. I'm not comfortable with you guys leaving without me".

Ziya put down his coffee cup.

"But I won't be alone, Yaman. Çiçek will be with me. Neslihan will be with me. And it will be good for Yusuf too. It's his school vacation, after all".

Yaman read over the catalog again, a frown marring his eyebrows.

"It's the biggest tulip festival of the year, Yaman", Ziya's voice was pleading. "You know I've always wanted to go. And it's here in Istanbul!"

"I'll go with Mr. Ziya and the rest", Çenger said and Yaman relaxed instantly. "I'll look after them. But only, if you can manage things here alone".

"And I'll look after the little mister, personally" Çiçek volunteered, smiling.

Yaman looked at Seher. They could have gone to the Istanbul Tulip Festival too but Seher's mental health was still at a delicate stage. The doctors had said that sudden changes in her surroundings could lead to another setback. He couldn't just leave her alone or risk her health like that.

Finally Yaman relented.

"Okay, then. But be careful. And don't forget to call me if something comes up".

Çenger nodded dutifully.

"Don't worry about us, Yaman. We'll be fine", Ziya said. "And it will be good for you too. The mansion is always crowded. Adalet will make your meals and you can have some peace, with us gone. Just the two of you".

Yaman nodded, thoughtfully. Two days without anyone to disturb them did sound good.

************************************

The road was deserted.

Seher looked around, confused. On either side of the road, a cluster of trees, stripped of their leaves, stood against a clear blue sky. A lone crow dropped on to a nearby branch, crying ominously.

"Seher!"

She jumped and whirled around, her heart beating in her throat.

Yaman was standing a few feet away, hand outstretched towards her. He was clad in all black and there was an expression in his eyes that she didn't like.