Chapter #10 Developments

(3rd Pov)

Velvet and Lily can be seen walking down the street after leaving Y/n's house. The sun was setting and the sky was beginning to darken. Their were holding hands as Velvet took lead in walking home.

Velvet: So? How do you feel?

Lily: I'm okay. I'm really happy to see my brother again. Thank you.

Velvet: Anytime. Just make sure to keep this a secret between you and me, Kay?

Lily: Yeah. 

They arrive at Velvet's house. They walked up to the porch and after fiddling with the keys, they step through and were met with Scarlet and Rachel. Y/n's sister was around twenty-one years old with long black hair that reached her waist with white hair clips and she had light gray eyes. She was wearing white shirt and a thin gray jacket over it, along with a pair of jeans. She had other accessories like a a red bracelet on her left wrist and a smart watch on her right. She carried a mature and calm atmosphere around her. 

When she saw Lily, she smiled. 

Rachel: Hey, enjoyed memory lane?

Lily: Yeah, the neighborhood feels the same way as back then. 

???: That's good to hear. 

From the hallway, a man around twenty three years old came walking into the room. He had black unkempt hair and black eyes. He was wearing a dark purple shirt with jeans. He carried a relaxed atmosphere around him. 

Lily: Hey Shay. 

He got close and rubbed her head. 

Shay: Sup. See anything interesting?

Lily: A few things. 

Rachel: That's nice to hear, but please give us a heads up next time. We were worried. 

Lily: Sorry, but I didn't want to stay indoors on the first day back in our home town.

Shay: We understand, but... there's just a few scary people around here.

Lily:... Like Y/n?

Everyone froze. A few seconds later, Shay and Rachel looked away with frowns while Scarlet glared heavily at Velvet. She shrugged. 

Rachel:... Lily, what have we talked about?

Lily: You said not to worry about him, but he's our brother! And we haven't seen him in years!

Shay: We know, Lily, we know. It's just that...

Velvet: Are you afraid of him?

She spoke suddenly. Shay looked at her in shock, before his hair covered his eyes.

Scarlet: Velvet!? 

Shay: I-It's not that...

Rachel: We just... don't know what he's like now...

Lily: Because we left him!

Silence. Scarlet glared at her sister when she spoke.

Velvet: I'd be happy to tell you the kind of student he is. 

Shay:... You've met him?

Velvet: Yes, he's helped me a few time and I'm grateful to him.

The two older siblings glanced at each other. 

Rachel: How is he? 

Velvet: He's mostly reserved at school, but he has friends who talk to him. He causes no trouble for his teachers or peers and always gets his work done. He's actually at the top of his class.