Chapter #18

(3rd Pov)
*Birds tweeting*
Sunday morning started off normal, or as normal as it is for some. People were either out of their houses and going to their cars to get to work or either just now waking up with no idea why they wake up right as the sun was fully seen. Y/n is most of the time like the former.

The former was from his middle school days when he was stuck with paying bills on his own, so he would wake up earlier than the rest of the kids his age because he had a job to attend to. When the news of the incident made its way all around town, it was incredibly tough to find businesses who could hire him, especially when they doubted his capability, or more like they couldn't hire him because of his age.

Thankfully he manged to find a job thanks to the kindness of some people he will forever be indebted to. Nowadays, because of school, he would always wake up at a specific time even before the alarm goes off and while that may seem helpful, it didn't switch on and off for neither weekdays or weekends, so he was left waking up early ALL week. More so on Sundays than Saturday, he noticed. However, now, he didn't mind so much. After all...

He was given the sight of a beautiful girl sleeping right in front of him and he couldn't be more demanding of life and his body. It was also nice to note the girl was an assassin that goes by the title 'one-cut demon' but he truly knew her as Akame.

Y/n laid wide awake on his right side, thirty minutes before eight. He rested his head on his right arm while his left arm was combing through the girl's hair as she had her arms tightly wrapped around his torso. He always found the softness of her hair to be relaxing, so much that he let out a content smile. Sadly, the spell was ruined by the light leaking through the bedroom window and unfortunately hitting Akame's closed eyes, making her squeeze them uncomfortably before they creaked open. When they had finally adjusted to the brightness, she was met with the sight of a smiling Y/n.

Y/n: Morning.

Akame: *Hums* Mmm.

Y/n: Ready for the day?

Akame: Mm.

Y/n:... Still half asleep?

Her response was too move her body closer and pressed her face against his chest and neck, leaving Y/n to rest his head on top of her's.

Akame: Mm-hm.

Y/n: You know... We might as well get up now since we're both-

She tightens her hold on him. He then jokingly spoke.

Y/n: Fine, I guess you can stay, I could still leave the bed you know.

She then adds more pressure, causing Y/n to have a slightly hard time trying to breathe normally. He also noticed the pressure was slowly increasing. Despite that, he chuckled with a carefree smile.

Y/n: Trying to make me pass out so I can stay huh? Alright, I won't budge.

The pressure soon left and Akame kept her eyes closed with a very small smile. Y/n kept his own smile and happily stayed in their position longer.

(Time skip)

(Kitchen)

As Y/n and Akame slept longer, the others had already gotten out of bed and started the day. That meant making breakfast.

Lucia: Here you go Luna.

She spoke quietly as she placed a plate of pancakes, sausage and eggs, all looking really burnt. Luna had been the first one out of the room she slept in, Alpha soon following behind, and she was met with Lucia walking down the hallway. The two spoke a little the previous day, but it still felt awkward for the two. So it came as a sudden surprise when Lucia had offered to make her breakfast. Luna then decided to give her a chance and agreed, but she didn't notice the slight alarm on Alpha's face behind her.