CHAPTER 4: ACE-U-KUN?

I didn't realize I'd fallen asleep. 

    When I opened my eyes, I realized I was still on the couch, my empty dishes sitting on the table in front of me. It was still dark; perhaps around 4 AM in the morning or something. 

    "Looks like the rain finally stopped," I whispered to myself. I got up with my dishes and made my way to the kitchen area. I grimaced after seeing the thick layers of dust everywhere. The bottle of soap was still intact, though there was very little inside. A few spider webs decorated the ceiling, completing the look. I shivered. 

    I went to the sink, and turned the tap on. The water was a dark brown, but after letting it run, it turned cleaner. At least- that's what it looked like. I was still grossed out by it so I began to search around for gloves. I opened cupboards and drawers, quickly pulling away and stepping back in case something decided to crawl out of it. 

    Thankfully, after some more searching, I finally found a pair. I smiled, which soon turned into a frown. They were really torn and worn down. You know what, screw it. I washed the dishes with my bare hands. It wasn't that bad. I air-dried them and made my way back to the lounge area until I felt a cold wind. I shivered.

    I felt my heart drop when I saw the door slightly creaked open. 

    "Was the door... always open like that...?" I asked myself. I stepped closer, grabbing Heather in the process. I was gonna reach out with my trusty broom and shut the door, but I realized something was on the floor outside. 

    "A bag?" I whispered under my breath. I walked closer, and poked my head outside- looking left and right to see if I could spot anyone who might've come by. "Headmaster Crowley?" No response. 

    I took the bag and shut the door. I locked it, though it didn't really work. It was broken. I didn't like the sound of that, but I'll be fine, right? 

    I peeked inside the bag. Two huge packets of... PADS??? I felt my cheeks flush. 

    Who??? What??? 

    Did Sir Gracious drop this by? I thought he didn't understand what I was saying... but it had to be him! No one else was here when we were talking... unless...

    My thoughts flashed back to the figure outside the window. 

    "No way!" My shoulders tensed. 

    What if... that person's in here, RIGHT NOW? I looked around me, hugging Heather tightly. 

    "Oh my God oh my God oh my God." I speed-walked up the stairs and found the room Grimm was snoring away in. At least he managed to clean the place up a bit. My heart's beat slowly died down, but I was still afraid nonetheless. 

    Should I tell Crowley about this? Unless he was the one who dropped these off? I'll ask him tomorrow. 

    Maybe I should put one on just in case. 

    I made my way to the bathroom. I cringed at the sight. And the stench. 

    "Oh Great Seven, help me," I groaned quietly.

    I got around two hours of sleep when I was woken up. By none other than the ghosts of course. 

    "Hehe, don't you two have to wake up to fulfill your janitorial duties?" One snickered.

    "Unnn- nyaaa- five more minutes."

"Urgh, five more minutes," Grimm and I groaned in sync, but in two different languages. So I guess it wasn't really in sync...?