CHAPTER 12: SUPER CRAZY CUTE

"Haha! What he meant was- you're lookin' super crazy cute today!" I chuckled and held up finger-guns. Riddle was taken aback for a moment before he cleared his throat into his fist, clearly embarrassed. 

    "Hmph. If you keep that up, it'll cost you your head," Riddle said in a stern yet soft voice. I quickly brought my hands up to my mouth, sweatdropping. The effects of the collar won't work on my magic-less self anyway, but it would still be annoying. 

    "Gah! This's the guy who put that weird collar on me during the entrance exam!" Grimm exclaimed. Obviously, Grimm. Where were you two minutes ago?

    "You're the freshmen that caused all the fuss of expulsion yesterday," Riddle acknowledged, placing a hand on his hip. "I didn't expect you to get involved in their shenanigans," the boy sighed, looking at me.

    "H- huh? Woah there-" I raised my voice in defense, not expecting Riddle to call me out like that. "It's not like I got involved on purpose!"

 "Hmph... also will you stop calling my unique magic a 'weird collar'?!"  Riddle shook his head and crossed his arms, directing this statement towards Grimm. "For goodness sake. The Headmaster's too laid-back. Forgiving rule-breakers can cause the whole system to collapse."

    "I've seen lots of those," I mumbled, referring to the "rule-breakers". 

    "All you have to do is cut off their heads," Riddle continued, not hearing my comment. 

    "The things comin' out of his mouth don't suit his looks," Ace said, sweatdropping. 

    "Right?" I pouted, raising a finger to poke the red-head's soft cheek. Before I could do such an action, though, he smacked my hand away harshly and continued his dialogue, his eyebrows furrowing in the process. 

    "The Headmaster appears to have forgiven you, but make no mistake. The next time it happens, I will not."

    "...By the way...dorm leader, is there any way...you could say, remove this collar?" Ace asked with a hopeful expression. 

    "I was going to if you'd learned your lesson, but the way you were talking just now shows that you haven't at all," Riddle explained. "You'll have to keep it on a while longer." Ace huffed in annoyance while Riddle continued, "Don't worry. As first years, you won't use too much magic. You'll only be learning the fundamentals. You also won't be able to cause a scene like yesterday- isn't that great?"  

    "Yay!" I replied with a smile, "we can match, Ace!" I grinned at the ginger as he only groaned in response. Riddle eyed me for a moment before he concluded his speech,

    "Now don't just sit around, chatting away. Finish lunch and head to your next class. Rule Number 271, 'One should eat lunch and then leave their seat within 15 minutes'."

    "Hah... another weird rule," Ace grumbled while I simply responded with,

    "Yes, daddy~." The others looked back in shock or raised a brow.

    "The correct answer is 'Yes, dorm leader'!" Riddle fumed, his face turning a bright red- whether it be from anger or embarrassment- I'm not sure. 

    "Y- yes dorm leader!" Ace and Deuce said loudly. 

    "Very good," Riddle praised along with a nod. He averted his gaze from me, and only looked at Ace and Deuce. Most likely because he was their dorm leader... but still! I don't want him to ignore me~~!