CHAPTER 6: MISSY

After a few more hours of cleaning, we still had time before school ended for the day.

    So, I dragged Grimm to the library with me.

    "Eh, what're we gonna do with a buncha books?" He groaned as we entered the library.

    "Well, you don't have to be here, but I've gotta keep you with me, remember? Just find an interesting book and keep yourself busy. Or sleep. This is the worst place you could blow fire, so please keep your trapper shut," I explained, setting Grimm down at one of the comfy-looking couches.

    "Okay, okay! Jeez... I gave you a cookie, remember that!" I chuckled at that and went to the nearest aisle. I couldn't read the label of what this aisle's books were about, but Crowley came here when he was searching for history books.

    As I continued to search, I saw a book that particularly caught my eye. The cover was a bright (color). Which was pretty rare in this section, since it was mainly filled with dull books.

    "Maybe someone misplaced it...? I mumbled to myself.

    "No, it belongs here," I heard a voice to my left.

    "Oh, you're-"

    "Riddle. Riddle Rosehearts," he said, shaking my hand gently. "And you're-:

    "(Y/N)," I grinned, "(Y/N) (L/N)."

    "It's nice to meet you... but do you really not know about the Legend of Missy?"

    "Legend of who now?" I cocked my head to the side. He huffed.

    "You truly don't know...?" I stared back innocently. "Very well... come." He dragged me towards the couch, where Grimm was currently snoozing.

    We sat down, and I gently put the book down on the table.

    "This book will go into more detail, but basically- a few years ago, around when I was a year old, a baby was born into an average magic-using family. They thought the baby would also be an average magic user, like them..." I watched his greyish-blue eyes scan the cover of the book, having a distant look in them.

    "What happened?"

    "She was a lot more powerful than they thought. They tried to hide her from the neighbors and townsfolk, but by the time she was 4, everyone had found out about her special powers," Riddle's fists trembled.

    "They wanted it..." I whispered, making Riddle nod.

    "And they attempted horrible, treacherous ways to grab ahold of it... so, her parents left the village and took her somewhere far away."

    "As they should..."

    "No one knows where she is now, that's why she's called Missy. Some people don't even think she's real, but... I think she is."

    "So... does this book really tell her story...?" I asked, eyeing the vibrant colored cover.

    "Well there're mainly theories about what could've happened to her, as well as information of what HAS happened to her," Riddle grabbed the book and looked up at me. "It's a good read," and he handed it to me. I held it in my hands gently, as if... if I'd dropped it, it would shatter into a million pieces.

    "Thank you, Riddle," I smiled at him, which he returned- along with a small blush.

    "I should be going now, class will end soon. Farewell, (Y/N)."