CHAPTER 19: PEEPAW (+DISCORD SERVER!)

(the title is inspired by a comment made by JellyJooHoe last chapter. thank you.)

    Sorry, did I say he was standing? He was actually floating upside down. It was THE Lilia Vanrouge, how exciting! Well, it would have been if my mood wasn't completely ruined by that guy- who I don't even know the name of! 

    "Khuhuhu, was that boy giving you a hard time?" The who-knows-how-old man gracefully floated right side up, gently landing on his feet. "I'm glad I didn't have to step in."

    "Ah- uhm... we met at the entrance exam, right?" I asked, ignoring his question and statement. "Ah, and at the Cafeteria!" 

    "My, my! I am honored that you remember me. But I believe we haven't had a proper introduction." He raised a hand to his chest and slightly bowed his head, giving me a smug look, "Lilia Vanrouge."

    "(Y/N) (L/N)," I responded with a knowing smile and a curtsey, which caused his lips to quirk upwards.

    "Khuhu, how adorable indeed~" I flushed at his comment. I'm not really used to others addressing to me as such. Besides, I can't tell if he's being genuine about it or just teasing me.

    "Not as adorable as you~" I responded, covering up my nervousness with my own flirting. That comment seemed to catch him off guard, since he widened his eyes, his lips slightly parted. 

    "Khuhuhuhu!" He raised a hand and placed it on my head, "you're quite an interesting one, yes. I like you." I couldn't help but feel a little shy to his touch. It was so gentle and felt so familiar. I wondered if he was also connected to Missy, given his ahem- age and all.

    Without thinking, I opened my mouth:

    "Have you heard of Missy?" He raised his brows, though his smile remained. He retracted his hand to place it on his chin in thought. 

    "Why, yes, of course. We were the best of friends." I stared back at him, not being able to process what he just said. 

    "Eh?" If he and Missy were friends, does that mean I'm not her? I furrowed my brows in thought.

    "Mhm. I visited her whenever I had the chance. Sometimes I helped take care of her, too. It's a shame she doesn't remember me anymore," he gazed at me with a certain sadness glinting in his beautiful orbs, yet his smile was still present. "She did leave without a single word of notice as to why... but she was only around 3- 4 years old, poor thing." 

    "Lilia... am I-?"

    "Khuhu! I cannot say. If you're still unsure, then you'll have to confirm it for yourself rather than ask me."

    "But how? What does that even-?"

   "I'm afraid I'll have to take my leave, now," he turned, not willing to answer to my questions anymore. "I'm sure you also have somewhere to be, yes?" I looked down at my feet in thought,

    "Oh yeah... I was about to go help clean up- but-!" I looked back up to see... an empty corridor. What did I expect? I sighed heavily as my shoulders went limp. No one's giving me any answers- Dr. Ishii or Lilia- even though they clearly know more than they let on. 

    As I walked back towards the hall of mirrors, I organized my thoughts:

    - There's a high possibility that I used to live in Twisted Wonderland as a child, but I have no recollection of magic or such a thing whatsoever.