CHAPTER 9: PREFECT

"Eh? You really went to Dwarf's Mine to find a magic crystal?!" Crowley crossed his arms, astonished. 

    "Eh?!" The three were equally surprised.

    "I really didn't think..." Sir Gracious put a hand to his chin in thought, "...you'd not only go but then come back with a crystal in hand. I quietly completed the paperwork for your expulsion. Also... why is (Y/N) soaked?"

    "Tch, the nerve!" Grimm growled. "While we were off fighting some crazy beast!"

    "Beast?" Crowley asked.

    "There was a monster there!" Ace huffed in response. "It was super gross and insanely strong- it was awful!"

    "Could you... explain in more detail?"  The Headmaster said, walking us over to his office. 

    We explained all we could to him, from the monster in the coal mine, to me and Grimm falling down a cliff, to how they fought together to defeat the creature. Well- they didn't say together but whatever.

    "So the four of you fought together to bring the crystal back?"

    "We didn't really work together..." Ace started.

    "It was more like our goals were the same..." Deuce ended. Then, Crowley began to sob. I remember him doing so, but watching him IRL then and there... it was a bit awkward. We were all taken-aback.

    "In all my years that I've been headmaster... for the day to come that students from Night Raven College go hand in hand to face and defeat their enemy!"

    "What?!" Deuce exclaimed, "I did NOT hold this guys hand!" I couldn't hep but snicker. 

    "Gross!" Ace grimaced, "Headmaster, how old are you?!"

    "I am overwhelmed with emotion..." Crowley cried, ignoring Ace's question, "This incident confirms it... (Y/N). You have a talent as a beast tamer!"

    "HELL YEAH I AM!" I yelled enthusiastically, puffing out my chest in confidence and sniffling in the process.

    "Their egos and pride always outweighs their team spirit... many are self-centered and selfish," Crowley continued.

    "You're really not spoutin' anything positive, ya know," Grimm deadpanned and crossed his arms. Sir Gracious ignored his comment, however.

    "You cannot use magic... maybe that is precisely why you could bring wizards to cooperate with each other. Perhaps that mediocrity is exactly what this school needs right now!"

    "He's not saying anything nice, is he?!" Ace scoffed as he placed an arm on my shoulder.

    "He is to me," I grinned giving the ginger a smug look and slightly nudged him. He smirked.

    "So you're teacher's pet, eh~?" He slightly leaned closer towards my face- probably his attempt at flirting. I didn't want to be a sore loser and make it seem like I was backing away from this unprecedented challenge. 

    "Yeah? And what if I am~?" I grinned, about to lean in too. 

    "Trappola! Stop harassing her at once and listen to me!" Crowley roared. Deuce was looking away, his cheeks slightly dusted with pink. 

    "Yeah, stop harassing me, Trappola!" I squealed, pushing away from him. He stared back in shock.

    "I-? Wha-? Wait-? You-?" I snickered as he narrowed his eyes.