SPECIAL CHAP: BIRTHDAY

(NOTE: "Special Chapters" will usually have nothing to do with the current storyline [plot-wise] and are basically filler. We love filler here.) 

    (P.S: the characters involved in Special Chaps would mainly be the ones you've already met in previous chapters [of the actual storyline], such as those you've already become close to. For example, Epel wouldn't just show up and be your closest buddy if you haven't even met him yet in this book's storyline. Yes, slow burn.)

(Enjoy~)

    "Happy Birthday to me..." I whispered to myself as I sat on the couch in my dorm. I was having another sleepless night, and it was early in the morning the next day... and guess what "next day" was? Yup, you guessed it: NATIONAL FEED YOUR DOG DAY-! I'm kidding.

    It was my birthday. How do I remember? Well- just like how I remember my name, I guess. 

    "Hey~ What's this?" A ghost called out. He floated to my right as another one came in to view to my left.

    "Mmm, birthday?" He questioned. 

    "Haven't seen a good party in years!" The third one croaked as he showed up in the middle. I looked up at them, already quite used to the way they randomly show up. 

    "Yeahh. I never really held parties. I think," I mumbled.

    "Eh?"

    "Why not?"

    "Not sure. Someone used to tell me that it wasn't worth holding a party or going to one because you'll always be indebted to people. Y'know, giving gifts and taking them and all that," I explained, "I think it was my parents who told me that?" 

    "I've never looked at it that way..."

    "Yeah," I chuckled, "and honestly it makes sense. Some people waste so much money on this sorta thing when... you could just spend the day with your family and friends... just... relish your time with them. Isn't that the true gift of growing up? The connections you have, and always will have until the end?" 

    "..."

    "You're right."

    "Man, I haven't had such a deep conversation in ages," another ghost stated. I laughed a little and lay backwards, closing my eyes.

    "I wonder if I should tell my friends or not," I sighed. 

    "Of course you should!" One ghost exclaimed, "they'll feel upset if they realize they missed your birthday!" I didn't expect these pranksters to get so sentimental.

    "Hm... and then we can all hang out..." I smiled to myself at the thought of my closest friends and I, laughing and chatting together. I hummed in contentment and let sleep drift into my consciousness. 

    "(Y/N), wake up!" I heard a familiar voice call out. 

    "Dad?" I said, opening my eyes.

    "D- Dad?? I'm not-" Deuce stuttered. I saw both he and Ace standing over me. 

    "I know, I'm just joking," I smiled. 

    "I swear, every single time I come here in the morning, I find you sleeping somewhere other than your bed," Ace sighed making me laugh.