Finale Pt. 2

3rd Person POV

Hohenheim, a man with (nearly) unparalleled strength and wisdom, was dumbfounded. One minute, he was having a discussion with a talking... mouse? The next minute, he found himself in a forest. Despite his extensive travels around Amestris, the area was unfamiliar to him. He heard what sounded like explosions and people in pain off in the distance, but he felt disoriented from the suddenness of this all.

When the man tried to stand up to survey the area, a long silver blade pressed threateningly against his throat, keeping him on the ground. "Who the hell are you?" hissed the chimera standing above him. "And why do you look like the other bearded bastard?" The sword in the chimera's hand lifted up Hohenheim's chin so they could see eye to eye.

Behind the lizard was a masked figure dressed in black with large white eyes and a tall man dressed like a performer. But an eery voice crept out from beyond all of them. "Let him go, Spinner; he is an old friend of mine."

Surprised, Hohenheim looked back at where the voice was coming from. The dwarf in the flask stood there, wearing the same face as Hohenheim, power emanating from his body. "How are you always one step ahead of us? And why did you choose to come here; what do you hope to gain from this world?" The old man felt both a tinge of fear and confusion as he tried to think of why the homunculus would ever come here and leave his throne.

"Never mind all that; there will be time for questions later. For right now, we are on the same side, Van Hohenheim." The clone dismissed him with a wave of his hand, and simultaneously something strange happened in the sky.

The sky ripped open like claw marks along the clouds.

The bright blue sky was torn away and met with the harsh darkness of midnight as if the blue was merely a thin cloth veil. In the distance of the dark sky, Hohenheim made out the silhouette of Amestris' capital. He already knew the reality of his situation, but here it was before his eyes. It was here. The world truly was ending. It's no longer empty warnings-it's happening; and faster than Hohenheim had predicted.

Hohenheim wasn't the only one to notice the sky. The masked man exclaimed, "What the hell?" following it with a more excited, "That looks cool!"

The little boy Pride emerged from his shadows, "Father, Envy has yet to return with the Elric brothers. What shall we do?" Pride turned to see a confused Hohenheim still lying on the ground with Spinner at his throat. "You look just like... You must be Van Hohenheim."

*"Father? Envy? Oh, I see. There are 7 deadly sins within man. Lust, Greed, Sloth, Gluttony, Envy, Wrath, and Pride. I suppose you're Pride, then? I can see the conceit, Pride the arrogant." Pride scoffed and rolled his eyes. "What's wrong; are you angry?"

"I am never angry. Anger does not exist within me."

"You must have been the first one that he created. Pride is his strongest trait. And if these are yours-" Hohenheim gestured to the shadows tracing the forest, "Then that act alone shows how egotistical he truly is."*

"Quit your monologuing, old man." The lizard hissed. A wave from Father's hand dismissed the blade held to Hohenheim's throat, and he was finally able to compose himself.

Father spoke to Pride, his lips pursed in disapproval. "Bring them here," he fumed, a fire boiling in his cold eyes.

~~

Back at the school, Envy lay in a dent on the ground. Destroyed by the scores of attacks, his philosopher's stone could no longer keep up. Gray flakes flew off of his body, dissolving into the air. As the homunculus disappeared, piece by piece, a little green creature emerged from the corpse.