Chapter 1

Deku's POV

We all watched, stunned silent, as the smoke cleared to show Endeavor in the middle of all the rubble. "Endeavor is still standing! He did it, he's on his feet with his fist raised high! A sign of victory!" Todoroki fell to the floor in surprise, breathing heavily. Some of us rushed to his side to comfort him. "No, a symbol of a new beginning!"

I turned to look back at the tv, at Endeavor, out of breath and victorious. Even though All Might has effectively retired, heroes cannot stop moving forward. We must keep fighting. We are the ones who must carry his symbol now. And we will. Endeavor will.

A thick silence filled the room when Kirishima turned off the tv. No one wanted to break the silence. We all reflected on what had happened. The determination Endeavor showed. But then, we thought of Todoroki. The look on his face pierced my heart. I wanted to help. We all did. I put an arm around his shoulder. He looked at me confused before leaning in and hugging me. I couldn't help but blush.

After a few moments, Kirishima smiled at us. "Let's all go out for soba. How about it, Todoroki?"

New energy filled the room, and we all beamed, "Yeah, let's go!"

Kirishima nudged Todoroki to come with us. Momo shot up and grinned, "I'll pay."

Todoroki sighed and ran his hands through his hair. He stood up, flashed a small smile, and nodded, "Alright."

As everyone started to get up to leave, one angry voice stopped us, "I'm not going," Bakugo growled. "The city will be chaotic, who knows if we'll even be able to get anywhere." But his protest didn't last long when Kirishima hit him in the head and began dragging him by the shirt.

"C'mon, Bakugo, don't you wanna do something nice for your friend?" Bakugo thrashed around before eventually crossing his arms and letting himself be taken.

"Ugh, fine, whatever. BUT WHOEVER SAID HE'S MY FRIEND YOU-" Kirishima flicked him in the back of his head, and we tuned his yelling out as we left.

"Stay in touch, you guys. Call me if you need anything." Mr. Aizawa said in passing before walking over to All Might.

Before long, we were out in the forest, walking to the nearest soba restaurant. It was a beautiful summer night, crickets chirping at us from the trees. Everyone was laughing and smiling. Everyone except... I looked behind me to see Todoroki trailing behind the group.

"Hey, Todoroki!" I called, walking over to him. "What are you doing all the way back here?" I gently grabbed his arm. Kirishima saw and joined us.

"Yeah, man, aren't you excited?" He and I walked Todoroki back to the group.

He gave us both a look before chuckling lightly, "Yeah, just got lost in thought. Thanks for this."

Kaminari put an arm around Todoroki and laughed, "Okay, okay, I got a question for you. What if the person who came up with the word 'umbrella' meant to say 'brella,' but was just under a lot of pressure?" He cackled and bent over, holding his sides.

Todoroki stared at him in utter confusion before laughing as well, "Good question."

"Or here's another one. What if when you become famous, you're called a legend because your leg ends?" Sero asked through tears from laughter.

"What?" Todoroki seemed even more confused but didn't stop smiling.

"Your leg. It ends." Kirishima explained, now joined in on the conversation.

"I'm not a linguist, but I think that's wrong," Tokoyami said, just as confused as I was.

"Are you saying your leg doesn't end?" Kaminari chuckled, wiping a tear away.