8 - 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"I tried not to think about it, but I only ended up thinking more."

└─────────❍─────────┘

"I'm going to bet my kidneys he's interested in you," was what Yume kept saying the whole night

"I'm going to bet my kidneys he's interested in you," was what Yume kept saying the whole night. She wouldn't stop bugging me about "the way Gojo-san looks at you." I loved the girl, but her delusion knew no bounds.

I shook my head and sighed, examining the dagger I was polishing. It had been our ritual to check our weapons together since our first year in Kyoto Jujutsu High. It was a habit we developed since there were only two of us second years. We inevitably became friends, then the best of each other's.

People would always claim we were polar opposites. Yume had her strengths. She was resourceful and passionate while I was perceived more aloof and straight-laced.

The girl's indigo eyes would darken whenever they'd find me, paired with the crinkling of their corners and a toothy giggle. Her dimpled cheeks would always give away her mood.

At the moment, she was certainly finding entertainment in teasing me.

"(F/n)-chan, I swear! Even Geto-san noticed it, too!," she giddily added.

I glanced at her desk, shooting a questioning look on the transparent fletching of her arrows. It was an unusual color, considering most archers liked their arrows with bold, striking appearance. "What's with that?"

"Don't change the subject." Yume scowled. "And I know you well! You don't easily respond to provocation, but with Gojo-"

"For personal reasons, I'm short-tempered now," I countered, praying she'd stop with this whole Gojo thing. If I told her there was just something about that idiot's face that irritated me, would she believe it? "And what are you doing joking about those things with Geto-san? You two are that close already?"

In an instant, Yume's cheeks flamed as if she mindlessly forced fire noodles in her mouth. She lost hold of her arrows. The metal tips noisily clanked against each other as they collided with the ground. "W-we're not! Definitely!"

I began to smirk. "Oh, yes. Absolutely."

"By the way," Yume stammered, picking up the arrows with utmost care. "I heard we're not returning to Kyoto for at least a few weeks yet. Kihara sensei said we should take this time to train and also as vacation."

Look who changed the subject.

"You're too obvious, Yume. Fine." I finally gave up, pitying Yume's failed attempts to quench her thirst for entertainment. "Sure, Gojo has a lot of disagreeable qualities."