Recap

In 1921 a portal was discovered in northern Hokkaido. Many people from the regional government brought this matter to the Imperial Japanese Government after they discovered medieval helmets and artifacts near the portal as well as horse bones. The Japanese Government declined to send expeditions in 1922, 1925, 1929 and 1936. The Japanese Government and Fascist Germany were interested in the expedition after further details were given in 1939 but the ongoing Sino-Japanese war and Polish Invasion halted the expedition until further notice. After Fascist Germany fell in 1945, The Japanese Government we're willing to use anything as a last resort. The expedition was approved in 1946,.. One week before New Canteria dropped 4 atomic bombs on Sapporo, Osaka, Hiroshima and Tokyo. Furthermore, Japan was split into three zones controlled by New Canteria, The United States and China so the exploration was scrapped entirely.

After Japan gained independence in 1958 the exploration was forgotten about until 2007. The Japanese government deemed it too dangerous so they sent the portal to New Canteria in 2008 where it was also sent to major labs where they all failed to activate the portal until 2064 where a lab made a breakthrough. The lab workers retired after they promised not to reveal state secrets, except for a certain person who is assigned to explore other worlds. But nevertheless the story starts now (after you go to P0).