Tears (1)

Lux

Tears were still flowing as I was walking out of that Italian restaurant I was never revisiting. My entire body still soaking wet from my fall into that fountain. My teeth clacking. Kai had stayed behind on his mother's orders because dessert hadn't arrived yet. Looking at me as if I was the bad influence for wanting to skip it since I was looking like a wet rat.

It hurt me that Kai's family had that much influence on him, because he had actually stayed instead of following me out.

At least Sebastian had seemed to feel an ounce of regret by the way he was actually crinkling his nose at his horror of a girlfriend for tripping me and making me fall into that fountain.

The night had turned into winter, which I had figured out that on this planet all seasons seemed to be jumbled up and could change at any given second. My blue dress was sticking to my body, soaking wet and I was sure I had never been that cold before.

'Lux?' I heard my name from behind me and I couldn't be bothered to stop for whoever had spotted me. I needed to get somewhere warm, fast.

My dorm was still a ten minute walk away. Because... of course it was. So I scurried along like my tail was on fire and pretended I didn't hear them.

'Sweet cheeks, what happened?' The voice came from Ash, which I figured out by the nickname he used, was now running towards me.

'It's fine-e Ash. D-don't worry about it.' I tried dodging him but he stayed in front of me. Worry lacing his brow.

'W-would you stop that...!' I could barely speak from the cold but I still managed to sound annoyed.

'Your lips are turning as blue as that little dress, so no. Which should be illegal by the way. You are going to tell me what you are doing out here, all wet and shivering.' He put his hands firmly on my shoulders and frowned down upon me. Worry now creasing his entire face.

Feeling how cold I was, he started rubbing my arms up and down fast.

'Melixes pushed me into the fountain at Neverlake.' I sighed like it was not a big deal. But it was. All prominent figures from in and out of campus had been there and they had probably assumed I was shitfaced or something. Which adult falls face first in a fountain anyway? In the fanciest restaurant in town. The people next to me had been eating caviar with their lobster for crying out loud.

'She's such a fucking asshole.' He grunted.

I laughed at that, teeth cackling horribly. So many people were over Melixes. She also was in Ash's regular defense class and he always made it hard on her. I secretly loved every minute of that class, even though I was still a lot behind on everyone else. There was one other human girl in that class, who seemed to be doing worse than me. I had wanted to reach out but every time I was going to she scurried out he room like her tail was on fire.

I didn't say anything else to Ash. He raised his eyebrows at me.

He swiftly removed his black trainer jacket and slung it over my shoulders.

'Follow me, I have some spare clothes in my locker. You are not walking back towards your dorm looking like this!'

I rolled my eyes. 'I'm f-fine Ash.' Really I was not. But he was prolonging my coldness.

'Your human ass would probably die soon from this, won't it?' He joked and I slapped his arm in outrage.

I followed him towards the gym. We passed by the pool, where Otto and Dexar and a few others of the swim team were still practicing. Their swim captain, Sebastian, was still smooching with the devil at Neverlake though.

Ash opened his locker and handed me some all black clothes. I smirked up at him.

I was so going to keep that hoodie.

I swear it is an universal rule, whenever a hoodie is handed to you by a guy it's automatically yours now.

'Get dressed, I'll meet you outside.' He winked and stepped out. I quickly got rid of my wet rags and put his heavenly dry clothes on, which were way too big for me. But they were cozy and dry, and smelled like Ash. It was perfect and I was grateful.

I skipped back outside. Feeling a lot better already.