Trouble (2)

Lux

It was the night of the game and I would be repping the Bertram brothers together with Sebastian. We were already dressed in their jersey's. I was wearing the five, which was Nexxar and Sebastian was wearing the seventeen of Dexar. Olive was representing her boyfriend Bron and Skylar was wearing Len's number eleven. The four of us were seating in the middle of the right side of the large stadium. This campus was really something. It was about to start but I had to make a quick bathroom break. Sky asked if she should join but considering the huge crowd I did not see a problem.

I was making my way back to the bleachers when two big guys, around thirty years old, stopped me in my tracks. This was a no ticket type of thing so I had no idea what they were halting me for. 'Lux Elmrose right?' One of them said. He had this huge gut and was a bear of a man, towering over me at
six foot seven easily. The guy next to him had a shaggy beard and was less burly.

'Yeah... that's me. Why do you ask?' and how do you know? I thought.

'Tell Ash we said hi. Rupert and Bobby Miller. Good friends of his.' They stared me down. I felt claustrophobic and Otto flashbacks came back to the front because they were crowding me in. 'S-sure...'

'Have a good night, Lux Elmrose.' And they were on their way again.

The Dunnager was so crowded, it was hard to manoeuvre through. My shirt already sticking to my back. They had beaten Dornatill and everybody was celebrating like it was their last night breathing.

Sebastian, Bron and Dexar were throwing beers back like it was their job. Sky and Olive were already dancing on the bar. Nexxar, Lenn both staring at Sky as if she was a snack.

I was chatting to Dean about Leo, at one of the high tables. Chris had joined us a while back but couldn't really talk about Leo since he knew nothing about our little adopted Wolvaby. Ash and Oak joined us after two rounds. Ash had not been at the game since he was banned from it for life. 'Congrats Oak, great victory.' I said to the amazing football coach he was. He cheered with me and we clashed beers. Ash took the high chair next to me, his knees touching mine. 'You had a good time at the game?' he asked and sipped from his beer. 'Yeah, it's a lot different than on earth. But it was greatly entertaining.' Ash handed a pint to Dean. He interrupted us. 'I just told Lux I had my first one on one with Leo. It was amazing.' Dean had so much adoration for Leo, it was the cutest thing in the world to me. Ash, however, rolled his eyes dramatically. Still annoyed at the fact we were meeting 'that monster' every other night in the woods. I hit his arm roughly. 'Be nice.' I hushed.

'Sweet cheeks, you know I'm not nice.' He sighed, double meaning lacing his words. Making my lower body do a low hard flip.

I quickly sipped from my beer again. The buzz of the alcohol already getting to my head. Chris had rolled out the poker deck and we started concentrating on that.

'Well, that's a royal flush my friends.' I greedily claimed all the chips on the table and made sure to release an obnoxious creepy laugh to emphasize my win.

'I swear to god, you are not human.' Said Chris solemnly and he threw his cards on the table hard. I had just beat every one of them. Rainers versus human, zero to one.

'A very capable liar perhaps.' Oak added his two cents. My biggest critic, but recent newfound friend, couldn't help himself. 'Jees, Thanks Oak.' I dryly said and downed my drink. Ash rubbed my lower back soothingly and whispered in my ear, his hot breath caressing my earlobe and sending goose bumps up and down my arms. 'Don't worry about him.' I saw Sky and Olive motioning towards me, from on top of the bar, shouting my name from the top of their lungs, to join them up there. It was starting to get embarrassing so I rose up. Those two were something else.

Ash clamped unto my waist. 'Sweetheart, don't go yet. Oak will behave. I'll make sure of it.' He looked his brother dead in the eye while hugging me to him. 'It's fine, I'm not leaving because Mr. Perfect.' I stared at Oak and gave him an equally cold stare. 'My other friends need me too.' I ruffled through his white hair, which he hated. He shook his head and gave me that crooked smile. Dimples popping. This man was criminal. I almost didn't want to leave but I was beginning to walk away, his hand on my waist made it difficult though. Until it hit me. 'Oh, I almost forgot, Rupert and shit I forgot the other name, Bill? Morgan?-' I snapped my fingers and frowned but the other name just wouldn't come up again. Damn those beers.

'Bobby....' Added Ash with a stone cold voice. His beer was dropped on the table. The others stopped talking.

'Yeah, him! Said Hi.'

The mood instantly dropped a few degrees. Dean, Chris and Oak all stared at me as if I had grown three heads. Ash's eyes had widened and he had become as pale as his hair.

'What did you just say?' he had tightened his grip on my waist and didn't let go.

'What?' I looked around at the others for back-up. Dean didn't look me in the eye anymore. 'Why are you acting like this?'

Ash put both of his hands in his hair. Chris muttered to Oak something I couldn't understand and Dean looked really worried all of a sudden.

'Follow me.' Ash said, grabbed my hand and letme towards the backyard terrace where there were fewer people.