Wet (2)

Lux

The balcony had the perfect view of the setting sun and it was drinking my white wine, already dressed for dinner when Kai joined me. The tension was still high.

'So how's Ash doing? Or Dosch? I can't really keep up these days?' disappointment laced his tongue and it cut me deeply. I closed my eyes and inhaled. I didn't want him to find out about Dosch yet, but apparently things about me and Dosch had leaked.

'I'm sorry Kai. I'm sorry things have to be this way.' I wasn't bringing up Aria, because that wouldn't do any good now.

He sat down next to me and grabbed my hand. 'You and me... it was everything I ever wanted. On earth you took my breath away every time I saw you and now...-'

Tears were brimming. He was breaking up with me for real. I had no idea why I was so sad, we were not an item anymore. Hadn't been for such a long time now. I missed my old best friend. I missed the old Kai so deeply. Getting into this romantic relationship with him had ruined everything.

'You are even more attractive when we are here now, just the two of us, but I can't help but wonder if you still feel that attraction towards me?' he said.

That was unexpected. I blinked. 'Kai I-.' I took a deep breath in. '-.care about you so much. It breaks me to know that I have hurt you but you have been so closed off. I don't know what happened with you. It changed my feelings I'm not going to lie. I had a tough time the last couple of weeks.'

He swallowed. 'The thing with Aria-' he hesitated. 'It's also complicated and I have no idea why I feel the way I feel towards her. When I have you. My literal dream girl.'

I grabbed his hand. 'I know.' Because that was exactly what had happened with me and Ash. And Dosch. It still hurt because I simultaneously hated myself for those feelings and couldn't really live without them anymore either.

'Would you still be willing to give us a chance, Lux?'

I thought about it for a second. 'I'm all about second chances. If you are willing to give me one, but I'm afraid your ship has already sailed right?' What I had witnessed that night with Aria will forever be etched into my brain. Not because of the betrayal, but because I saw in Aria's eyes the love I see in Ash's.

'Has yours?' He replied.

Tension was back and I let go of his hand.

Before I could reply we were interrupted by his mother. She gave me a seething look and called Kai inside. Their uncle was on the phone for whatever reason and needed to talk to him.