♡ 𝖲𝗁𝗈𝗋𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝖡𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁 ♡ - ❤️‍🩹

Slowly turning over in bed, Shinguuji now faced his boyfriend, Amami Rantaro. They were cuddled up in Shinguuji's bed in the school dorms and both of them had fallen asleep in the comfort of each other. Shinguuji stared at his boyfriends face, memorising every little detail he could find.

There was freckles dotted around his cheeks that climbed up the bridge of his nose and his eyelashes were actually a dark green, not black, but it was barely noticeable. He had lighter patches of skin in different areas, but again, it was barely noticeable.

Shinguuji cringed at the feeling of his mask on his face. His hands went to the back of his neck and he undid his mask, taking it off completely and dropping it on the floor. He wasn't usually one to leave messes but he didn't want to remove himself from the company of Amami just yet and decided that it could wait until morning. The fabric of his uniform was also beginning to itch, or get tighter, he couldn't tell which but either way he wanted to take it off. He rolled his eyes in an unamused manner, kissed the tip of Amami's nose and got up from bed, picking his mask up and placing it neatly in his drawer.

He undid the buttons on his uniform jacket and removed it, before folding it and putting it in his laundry basket. He unbuttoned his shirt and had begun to remove it but he was anxious that Amami would wake up and see his monstrous body. He looked down at himself, seeing the scars running across every inch of skin, relatively new ones and very old ones. He sucked in a breath and looked behind him, seeing Amami still peacefully sleeping. He decided that Amami wouldn't wake up soon, and that it was fine. He removed his shirt and again, folded it and but it in his laundry basket.

He heard Amami's breathing become harder, more difficult to do. He turned his head and watched Amami's body language closely. His eyebrows were furrowed. His face had paled and his mouth had opened a little bit to help the air get it better. His hand was gripping onto the bed sheets tightly, trying to ground him. Shinguuji guessed that he was having a nightmare but he knew that sometimes Amami struggled to breath. Nightmares don't usually cause difficulty breathing so this could be bad news for the both of them. Shinguuji turned around quickly, taking his boots and bandages off quickly, before turning around and putting any shirt on him as quick as he could.

He rushed to Amami's side, and studied his breathing. His mouth had opened more and his breathing was raspy and uneven. His hand was gripping the sheets more tightly now, in a desperate effort to calm himself down subconsciously. His body was tensed up and beginning to shake gently. Shinguuji placed his bare hand over Amami's, squeezing gently in an effort to wake him up as gently as possible. He sat back on the bed, gripping Amami by his waist and sitting him up, gently cupping his face with his hand and shaking him gently to wake him up.

Amami's eyes fluttered open softly, before shooting wide open as his breath caught in his throat and he gripped Shinguuji's wrist tightly. His mouth was wide open and he was gasping for breath. Shinguuji rooted in his drawer for an inhaler, pulling it out just as quick as he put his hand in the drawer and put the inhaler to his partners mouth. After using the inhaler, Amami gasped for breath, finally able to breath clearly again. He collapsed onto the bed, gasping and choking trying to get his breathing back to normal. Shinguuji lay down next to his partner, wrapping his arms around his waist and pulling him into his chest, fingers gently tracing lines on his skin to help calm down Amami.

Once Amami calmed down, he turned himself to face his boyfriend and cuddled into him, still shaken from his attack. His breathing was heavy and uneven now, Shinguuji noted, but it was slowly becoming normal again. Amami was gently trembling in Shinguuji's hold, his eyes still wide from shock.

It was a few more minutes of silence before Amami had fully calmed down. He occasionally twitched or trembled but other than that there was nothing serious. Shinguuji was kissing Amami's forehead when the latter spoke up.

"Thanks Shinguuji-kun..." He mumbled softly.

Shinguuji placed one more kiss on Amami's forehead and then responded.

"Not to worry, darling."

Shinguuji was more focused on showing affection to his lover, that he didn't realise Amami's hands  moving up and down his arms lightly, where his scars were clearly on show because of the short sleeve shirt he had thrown on in such a hurry. Shinguuji's breath caught in his throat when he noticed Amami doing that, yet the greenette never said anything. He just lay there, his fingers light and gentle on the scarred skin. Shinguuji pulled him closer, and once again they were cuddling. Shinguuji hated changing the topic - metaphorically - but he wasn't the keenest on talking about his past trauma, or bringing it up in any shape or form - like showing off his scars.

And yet Amami never brought it up - because he knew Shinguuji was uncomfortable talking about it, maybe, but Shinguuji was still grateful he didn't bring it up. It certainly wasn't a pleasant memory.

Maybe one day, though.