𝑸𝑼𝑰𝑵𝑫𝑰𝑪𝑰

The fire was burning bright, warming up the whole room, reflecting against the windows that looked out onto their gardens' maze

          The fire was burning bright, warming up the whole room, reflecting against the windows that looked out onto their gardens' maze. Her mother hummed the familiar tune of her lullaby while gently brushing her silk tresses as her sister leaned on their mother for support as she fell into a blissful state of sleep.

Her mother spoke to her sister as she continued brushing her hair, "You mustn't fall asleep moon-angel; your father shall be home soon."

Her sister bolted up from her position and ran to the door, blonde hair flying behind her. She and her mother laughed when she couldn't quite reach the handle.

Fiddling with her white nightgown, she turned around to face them with a pout, tears pooling in her clear blue eyes.

Her mother stopped playing with her hair at once and sped over to her sister, "Oh, my poor angel," she spoke gently, brushing the fallen tears off her cheeks and gently stroked her hair, "Papa will be home very soon, and he shall give you as many spins as you inquire."

Her baby sister clung to her mother tightly as she, too, made her way over to comfort her sister, "Yes, he will sœur, he promised. And papa-"

"Never breaks a promise." she and her sister finished in sync.

Her mother looked up at her with a smile on her ageless face and mouthed a thank you.

The little blonde excitedly escaped her mother's grasp when she heard the front door open. She made the door open with her magic - without realising - and sped down the flights of stairs as fast as her small legs allowed her while screaming "Papa!" over and over.

Her mother and her shared a look before following her.

As they arrived, they found their father/husband happily spinning their family's angel around, as she squealed with happiness.

She soon got tired and was picked up by her father and placed on his hip with her face in the crook of his neck.

He looked over at his wife and other daughter, "My girls." he smiled softly.

Without leaving any more time, she ran into her father's arms and smiled, "I missed you, Papa."

He hugged her back, careful not to disturb the angel in his other arm, "I missed you too, my shining star."

Her mother watched the scene with a fond smile on her face, and came over to kiss her husband hello, "I think it's time for you two to go to bed." she said softly running her hands through their hair.

They both nodded their heads against their father's chest sleepily.

Her mother took her younger sister into her arms and started walking to her sisters' chambers while her father carried her to hers.