Chapter Six

"Yelena, welcome," Val smiled cheesily as she welcomed the assassin into a large warehouse building.

"This is a nice place you have," the blonde noted sarcastically, looking around the building.

"Yes, well, we didn't have many choices," Val snapped impatiently.

Yelena raised her eyebrows in amusement as Val closed her eyes to calm herself. Once she opened them again a fake smile was plastered on her face.

She walked into a room at the back of the warehouse and Yelena followed. The building was dusty and cluttered with random boxes. Yelena looked up and noticed some balconies above her that were connected to the outside of the building. Another glance to the right told her that there was a back door aswell as the main entrance. She sniffled slightly and walked towards the room, after Val.

Yelena looked up as she stood in the doorway of the room. Confused faces reflected back at her.

"Val, what is this?" A man asked with a raised eyebrow, "who is she?"

"Everyone, this is Yelena," Val introduced, "she has worked for me for quite some time."

Yelena stared at the group of people with an unreadable expression.

"Err, well hey," a sweaty man stepped forward. He clapped his hands together and smiled kindly, "er, I'm... I'm Eddie.

"Hello, Eddie-" Yelena started, but stopped as she saw Eddie twitch and take a step back like he was pushed, "er... are you alright?"

Eddie cleared his throat and smiled awkwardly, "ah, hah. Yeah, it's just er..."

He winced slightly then sighed in defeat. He looked down as an alien head protruded out of his back. It smiled a toothy grin and tilted it's head as it looked at Yelena.

Her eye's went wide in surprise. The assassin's voice went slightly more high- pitched as she exclaimed, "wow, wait what? What the hell are you? What-"

Yelena cleared her throat as she regained her composure, "Are you some kind of alien or something?"

"I am Venom."

Yelena's eyes darted back to Eddie.

"Er- haha yeah," he grimaced, "so we're kind of attached to one another... literally."

"Right," Yelena nodded, her eyes still wide.

"We kind of complete each other," Eddie explained, "he can't live without me. He's kind of a loser."

"I am not a loser! You are a loser! You are the biggest loser!" Venom defended angrily.

"Yeah, that's sounds like something a loser would say," Eddie smirked.

"Okay, this could go on all day," Val sighed, rubbing her head, "someone else go."

"I'm John Walker," a man with blonde hair and a smug expression spoke.

Yelena tilted her head and hummed: uninterested.

She then looked at the young man next to him. He had blue eyes and spiky blonde hair. Green spots decorated his face.

"I am Harry Osborn... or Green Goblin. Whatever you prefer," he muttered.

Yelena nodded, "Green Goblin."

"I am Wanda Maximoff," a woman, who was sat in the corner of the room, spoke.

This had caught Yelena by surprise. She frowned deeply, "I've heard your name before. You worked for the Avengers."

"Ha. The Avengers," Wanda scoffed.

"Er... haha what's the Avengers?" Eddie asked in confusion.

Wanda stared at her hands as she released the anger that was building up inside her, "they call themselves a family, but they don't care about each other. They didn't care when my Vision died. They didn't care when Natasha died-"