Chapter Twelve

Eddie sighed and scratched his neck as he looked into the eyes of Venom, "well, that went badly."

"He is so annoying," Venom growled, "he kept shooting webs at me."

Eddie rolled his eyes, "we just wanted to talk to him, why did you try to eat him?"

"I am hungry"

"Well," Eddie shrugged in annoyance, "eat a chicken or something."

Venom shook his head, "that is a bit difficult Eddie."

"Why?"

"I named them."

"Excuse me?" He blinked.

"I named them," Venom continued, "I can't eat them if they have a name."

"Well, that's a you problem," Eddie grimaced, crossing his arms, "I don't care."

"Ugh, shut up Eddie."

"You shut up."

"No you."

"I don't have the energy for this," Eddie groaned, pushing his hair back and sitting on a metal box.

"I couldn't even get to Spider-man because of you," Harry snapped at Venom as he walked towards them.

"Well, you can have him next time," Eddie exhaled deeply and smirked slightly at Venom's frustrated glare.

"I think not, Eddie! I want to squish that little spider!"

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen," Eddie shrugged, "because we just want to talk to him, remember?"

"I'm afraid you won't be able to talk to him after I'm finished with him," Harry grinned, leaning against a wall, "I want to watch the life drain from his eyes as I stand over him and laugh."

Eddie raised an eyebrow, "that's a bit much, don't you think? Like come on... that was dramatic."

"Yeah," Venom agreed, "that's a bit excessive, Harry."

"Whatever, you get my point," the Green Goblin grumbled before walking away.

In the corner of the room, Wanda sat alone. She raised her eyebrow at a whining John Walker before closing her eyes and contemplating what she had just done. She stared down at her hands and frowned deeply. The things she had seen in Yelena's mind were definately not pleasant.

She exhaled deeply as she felt guilt stir up inside of her. She had promised herself that she would never look inside another's mind unless it was absolutely necessary. Wanda couldn't help but feel bad at making Yelena relive some of her worst memories.

The witch sighed and her mind began to question Val's motives. Val had promised to help her, but had she actually done that? Wanda kept telling herself that she was helping her, but now she wasn't so sure.

She looked up and watched as Val spoke to someone on the phone; a fake smile plastered on her face.

Val noticed Wanda staring at her and waved.

Wanda raised her eyebrow but waved back nonetheless.

"This isn't right," Wanda shook her head and muttered quietly to herself before closing her eyes and sighing, "this isn't right at all."