Dimentio = Volo [SPOILER WARNING]

[SPOILER WARNING FOR POKÉMON ARCEUS!!!]

THERE ARE SPOILERS FOR POKÉMON ARCEUS BELOW!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

I was finishing up Pokémon Arceus's main story mode and when I neared the ending... One of the characters, namely Volo, started to seem more and more... Psychotic.

He kept rambling on about the Arceus plates I was collecting and losing his cool over them every so often.

Keep in mind, this is a character who "helps" you throughout the entire main story.

And then just as I go to where he suggested I look for the last plate, he starts talking about how he thinks that some things in life are unfair and that everything shouldn't be so tainted, and if it is why hasn't Arceus (aka the god Pokémon) done anything.

Seem familiar yet?

So, I reach the temple where he told me to go and then tosses aside his façade, revealing that he is a master manipulator, an expert Pokémon trainer, wanted to be the destined one to confront Arceus, the one who tore open the rift in the sky, the one who caused all of the trouble that you had to fix, and that he has the last plate.

He then goes on to tell you that he wants to challenge the god Pokémon and REMAKE the world into a PERFECT ONE. Ultimately backstabbing you and becoming a "traitor".

Some evidence -

(Ngl, I still love this character tho-)

So, remind you of a beloved jester character from the Mario franchise yet?

I'll give you a clue. Starts with "Dim" ends with "entio".

ANYWAY... It seems that this could only mean -

A.) Dimentio has been reincarnated into this Pokémon character.

B.) Volo went through the rift in this game and ended up in the Mario universe as Dimentio.

C.) These characters are parallel versions of each other from different worlds.

D.) They've given each other pointers.

E.) They're somehow related.

F.) All of the above.

G.) This is a pure coincidence.

Or

H.) I'm extremely tired and obsessed with making theories. 😅

Anyway, I'm gonna go draw Volo as Dimentio now. Ciao~!