Chapter Four

we walked into the house and everyone looked toward the door.

"ARIA!" Darry, Dally, Johnny and Steve yelled and Aria giggled.

she ran up to them and dodged everyone who got in her way. she hugged johnny first, then steve and darry and dally. I just smiled.

"ollie? you hungry?" darry asked.

"nah i'm not hungry. thanks though." i smiled.

"uh, you haven't eaten since you got her Ollie..." two said.

"that's not true! i had fries from the Dingo." i said, crossing my arms.

"when was that?"

"uhhh yesterday.." i said quietly.

"darry, get her some food." two ordered.

darry vanished into the kitchen and started making food. i glared at two and shook my head. he just gave me that big cheesy grin. i rolled my eyes and focused on the tv.

dally, steve, and johnny were playing with Aria and she could occasionally giggle. i miss having a little kid around.

darry brought my my food and smiled at me.

"thanks darry."

"no problem kiddo."

"so how old are ya Ollie?" Soda asked.

"well... i'm sixteen." everyones jaw dropped.

"what?" i asked, confused.

"oh...uh, you..uh, you look like you're like eighteen or nineteen." ponyboy said.

i looked down at myself. yeah i guess i was built like an eighteen or nineteen year old girl.

i saw pony grab a pillow and set it on his lap and leaned over, propping his elbows on his knees.

darry gave him a look and rubbed his face. i looked around and dally, johnny, steve, and now darry were playing with aria.

"she's my sissy now." aria said to dally.

"oh is she now?" he asked.

"yeah. she lives in my house with me and momma and him." she said pointing to two-bit.

darry smiled at her.

these guys are doing something to me. i don't quite know what it is. they make me happy. i actually feel loved. they are sometimes hard to communicate with but everyone is hard to communicate with from time to time.

"ollie." somebody said, snapping their fingers in front of my face.

"huh?"

"you zoned out again, doll."

"sorry."

"whatcha thinkin about kid?" darry asked.

"nothin." i said. my face felt a little warm but i didn't think anything of it.

"uh... ollie you're blushing."

i groaned and hid my face between my knees.

"i'm going outside." i stood up and walked out the door.

i sat on the porch steps and took it the warm air. i took deep breaths and watched the cars go by. a blue mustang drove slowly through these streets and i had a bad feeling so i quickly got up and ran inside, tripping on my way in.

"woah Ol! what's wrong?"

"blue car." i said, laying on my stomach with my hands supporting my chin.

"oh shit." pony said.

"language ponyboy."

"lAnGuAgE pOnYbOy." he mocked.

darry rolled his eyes and got up and looked out the window.

"why can't they stay in their territory?" johnny asked quietly.

"i don't know, johnnycakes."

darry went outside and we all watched from the window.

"what do you want?" he asked the soc sternly.

"we just came to tell ya there's a rumble tomorrow at the lot. skin against skin. it's at 9:30. be there and bring all your guys."

"okay." the car zoomed away and darry came back inside.

"well?" soda said.

"boys, we got ourselves a rumble to go to."