Chapter Eight

we gathered at the Curtis house a while later.

two went over to steve and soda and i sat with pony and johnny. darry came out of his room, stuffing his black shirt into his jeans.

"oh hey ol!"

"hi darry."

"y'all ready for the rumble?!" he shouted over the noise.

everyone cheered and pony got up and rushed the bathroom. he came out a couple minutes later.

"okay now im ready. i didn't grease my hair."

the guys rolled their eyes and i kinda laughed.

"all right come on!" darry said going out the door.

we all followed him and flipped and did stunts down the sidewalk. when we got to the vacant lot, we were the first ones there.

the socs eventually got there. darry and some socs went round and round and one of the other soc hit ponyboy, starting the rumble.

a small, wimpy soc came at me and i beat him to a pulp. then a bigger guy, about steve's size, came up and knocked me to the ground and started beating on me. i tried multiple times to get up but he pinned me.

"TWO- BIT!!" i screamed.

i didn't see him coming.

"TWO HELP!" i screamed again.

i then saw him running over to me, knocking socs to the ground trying to get to me.

"GET OFF OF HER!" he yelled, pulling the soc back by the back of his shirt. then he punched him and two won.
he picked me up and carried me over to a tree.

"you alright ollie?"

"yeah i'm okay."

"you stay here." he demanded and ran back to the fight.

i listened and sat there watching him beat the socs. i smiled and waited.

"LOOK THEY'RE RUNNING!" steve shouted over the noise.

the greasers stopped and watched the socs run away like a bunch of cowards.

i sighed and smiled and tried to get up but i winced. two came over and picked me up bridal style and carried me back to his house.

"go get ready." he smiled. i nodded and he set me down.

i hobbled up the stairs and found aria sitting in her room playing with her toys.

"hey aria? come to my room." i said. she got up and came into my room.

"can you pick out a dress for me while i get a shower and clean my cuts?"

"YES!" she squealed.

i got in the shower and let the warm water hit my body. it stung when the water went into the cuts but it was okay. after doing all the things, i got out and wrapped a towel around my wet body. then i went into my room.

"there you go!" aria said, pointing to a purple flowy dress. i love that one. it's one i got when i went shopping a week ago.

i grabbed my underwear out of my drawer and slid it on under my towel. i then turned away from aria and dropped my towel and slid my bra on and clipped it.

i slid the dress on over my head and zipped up the side. i spun around and smiled.

"you look so pretty!" aria said.

"thank you!" i smiled.

i brushed out my hair, put less makeup on, and did everything else i needed to do.  then i heard the front door open and i ran back into my room. aria was still sitting on my bed and swinging her legs.

"your brother is home."

aria sprinted down the stairs and hugged him.

"you look gross." she said.

"i'm actually dressed nice!" he said back with a laugh. i shook my head and got my shoes out of the closet. i wore a pair of black flats.

i then went downstairs and his jaw dropped. i smiled and he smiled back.

"shall we go?" he asked, gentlemanly. i laughed.

"we shall." i responded.

he took my hand and led me out to the car. he opened the door for me and closed it behind me. then he got in and turned the car on and started driving. i rolled down the window and let the wind blow my hair. i kept catching him glance over at me and smile.

then we got to the destination.