Chapter Seven

it's rumble time.

i woke up for good and two was still laying there with his arms around my body. i couldn't tell if he was awake or not.

i gently sat up and yawned and stretched. i looked over at two and smiled. he smiled back at me.

"mornin." he said. his voice was raspy, his hair was a mess. there was feeling in my gut that i'd never felt before.

"good morning." i replied.

"you look cute." he smiled. i just laughed.

"what?" he said, confused why i was laughing.

"i just woke up, my hair is a disaster and i'm in your shirt. how is that cute?"

"it just is." he replied, pulling me back into his chest. i squealed and laughed.

then there was a knock on the door. i looked at two and sighed.

"come in!" he called. then his mom came in.

"mornin momma." he smiled.

"morning keith. good morning ollie."

"good morning katie."

"what do y'all want for breakfast?"

"surprise me." two said.

"will do." she replied and left.

i leaned into two-bit and just thought about things. i thought about how my world has turned upside down within one short week. i met seven new friends, i have a new "sister", and i might have found a boy that i've fallen for.

"BREAKFAST!" katie shouted from downstairs.

we all trampled down the stairs and bursted into the kitchen. i quickly got my food and sat down. i started eating my eggs when katie spoke up.

"so you find yourself a boy?" she smirked. i choked on my eggs and cleared my throat.

"n-no. not yet." i said, blushing.

two nudged me and i side-eyed him.

"well, i have a date tonight after the rumble."

"ooh!! with who?!" she squealed. i laughed and hid my face. two-bit grinned real big.

katie gasped, "no way!"

i nodded and finished eating.

it was about 7:30 and it was time to get ready for the rumble. i got out my new outfit that consisted of jeans, a tight, red, halter-style shirt, and a leather jacket.

i tied my hair up tight in a high ponytail and greased back my fly-aways. then i applied some heavy makeup. i used brown eyeshadow and black mascara. then i did some thick, dark eyeliner and bright red lipstick. and to top it off, i tied a red bandana around my head.

i went out to find two-bit and ask him if my outfit was good enough.

"TWO?!" i called.

"IN MY ROOM!" he called back.

i went in there and showed him my outfit. his jaw dropped to the floor and almost started drooling over me. i laughed.

"so i would ask what you think but i can see it on your face." i smiled.

"you look amazing!" he said, "almost too amazing. oh! i have something for you!"

"oh?"

he turned around and put his shirt on and then dug through a drawer.

"AHA! i found it!"

he turned back around and told me to close my eyes and hold my hands out. i did as he said and i felt something long and hard he placed in my hands.

"okay open."

i opened my eyes and gasped.

"you did not!" i said, smacking him.

"i did too!" he laughed.

i looked at and rubbed the brand new switchblade that had mickey and minnie carved into it.

"i love it!" i smiled.

"i love you." he said quietly.

"i love you too!" i said hugging him back.

i thought he meant as a best friend...