02. should've said no

"you should've said no,you should've gone home

you should've gone home."

JOCELYN CARRERA was the nicest Kook you would ever find. But she wasn't really one. I mean, yeah, by birth she was. She lived in Figure Eight, the rich side of the island. But she wasn't at heart. Her younger sister Kiara had gotten that from her. Kiara and Sarah used to be best friends, but something that neither of their sisters knew happened and it ended. Jocelyn and Evelyn weren't really friends. They were the same age, when to the same classes and lived in the same island. Even their names ended the same. Still, they weren't close. They knew who the other was, but that was about it. If anything, they even hated each other.

The blonde was the representation of what a rich person should be. Elegant, classy, organised. The brunette putted on the first clothes she could find, yawned every two seconds and was messy. They never saw eye to eye. Not even when they were forced to do a project together at school. They met at Jocelyn parent's restaurant, and finished it on their own houses after an argument that people talked about for weeks. To say their parents were mad is an understatement.

So, it didn't surprise Pope when he was talking with Jocelyn and she looked away with a roll of eyes. He guessed it was that her Kook friend -note the sarcasm- had arrived. And as he followed her eyes, he knew he was right. The blonde girl waved with her fingers at people as she passed. Some of them staring at her longer that they were supposed to. Something inside of JJ's head clicked when people looked towards the new arrival. His jaw clenched, not liking the way people stared at her.

Evelyn had left her sister and best friend on their own, walking by herself around the beach. It was still daytime, so she was wearing a pair of heart shaped sunglasses. The ends of her hair were soft pink, and JJ was sure many girls would do the same because she was always setting trends around. Jocelyn went back to talk to Pope, but knowing her, the boy had began walking away. He didn't want to be in between their fight. Not again.

Scoffing, the girl walked towards where the drinks were placed at, "Did you know she was coming?" She heard JJ say. She was friends with all her sister's friends, as she didn't have any of her own. The girl didn't like people, and only enjoyed their company because her sister made her to.

Guessing she was talking about the blonde girl everyone had a crush on, she sighed, "Why would I know?"

He shrugged, eyes on the girl as she talked with some cute tourist, "I don't know. Aren't you like friends?"

Jocelyn gave him an incredulous, "Oh, yeah. Best of friends. In fact, we meet everyday to paint our nails together!" She said the last phrase with a high pinched voice. JJ laughed, liking her joke before his eyes widened at something behind her.

Her confusion turned into realisation when she heard the next words, "You do your nails once a month, honey. Doing it everyday would ruin them." Cursing under her breath, she turned around to see a smug Evelyn.