10. we were happy

"we showed 'em all upno one could touch the way we laughed in the dark

no one could touch the way we laughed in the dark."

NEITHER blonde could really fall asleep, both tangled in the other. Words weren't exchanged between them, but they knew the other was awake. JJ squeezed her harder, never wanting to let go of her. Evelyn allowed him to, because now she felt like she needed to be there for him. The pair didn't know their relationship status, even being confused by it. But they knew the other needed them, and that was enough for now, "I'm sorry I ruined our date." The boy whispered.

Evelyn sighed, hiding her head on his shoulder, "You don't have to apologise, J. I'm here with you now, that's all that matters."

He nodded, kissing the top of her head softly, "I really like you. Just so you know." JJ felt her smile against his neck, making him smile too.

"I really like you too, blondie." She looked up at him, smiling wide. They were so happy in the little bubble they created over night, oblivious to the danger outside of the room they occupied. JJ couldn't wait to have his hands on the gold, and create a new bubble with his money. He daydreamed about what would happen next. About a life outside of the island, in which both spent the day together. He surfs while she reads on the sand. Then, they go to their little shack and have all the meals together. Some movie nights, some sex, and a lot of love being shared between them. He told his friends he wanted to go full Kook, but in reality he just wanted her and a little place for them. And of course, trips to every continent.

Maybe he jinxed it as he thought about it too much.

Evelyn had to return home eventually, doing so shortly after her father arrived from the police station. Claiming that John B shot him when they went out fishing. She didn't know tho, surprised when she saw people with her pink Louis Vuitton baggages, "What's going on?"

Ward seemed alert when he glanced at her, "You're leaving to the Bahamas, now." He rushed out of the entrance hall, causing her to follow him in shock.

"What? But I didn't make a choice yet!"

"The choice is done. You're leaving tonight."

She gaped, not going any slower, "But, dad! I need time to get ready. Say goodbye to my friends!"

He turned around abruptly, shocking her with his words, "Goodbye to that Maybank kid!?" She stepped back in shock, her breath becoming heavy. He knew, and that was the main reason he wanted her gone, "Yeah, you're leaving tonight." 

"Where are you going?" Wheezie asked from behind her, surprising Evelyn as Ward walked away. Sarah was next to the brunette, frowning.