07. it's nice to have a friend

"wanna hang out?""yeah, sounds like fun"

"wanna hang out?"
"yeah, sounds like fun"

THE CAMERON FAMILY walked into the the party as if they were royalty. Some would've said that it was true. All the family was dressed by Evelyn, after each one of them gave her an idea of what they wanted. Except for Rafe, who gave her full liberty, "It's dope." He told his sister, who smiled gratefully. Everyone cheered when they saw them, the members of the family waving and smiling nicely. Topper approached Sarah, who shook her head at her sister when she saw her murderous look. Silently telling her that she could handle him by herself.

While Wheezie went to greet some kids of her age and Rafe walked away with Kelce, Evelyn stood by the porch. Looking around the party for something interesting. She felt the judgemental eyes of Kiara Carrera, the girl who was besides Pope. She sent her a sarcastic smile that made her roll her eyes, going back to talk with the Heyward. Suppressing a smirk, Lynn continued to look at the people there, starting to see some drunk adults and sneaky teenagers. Jocelyn appeared by her side, she could see her from the corner of her eye, but no welcoming words were exchanged between them, "My sister hates your family."

Evelyn chuckled, looking up at the taller girl, "Don't we all?" She nodded in agreement, both going back to watch the people around them. The blonde briefly eyed the other up and down, clearing out her throat, "I like your suit."

Jocelyn looked down at her purple suit, then back at the blonde with a grin, "I knew I was growing on you." with a scoff, Evelyn nudged her slightly, both girls laughing softly, "I like your dress."

She hummed, "Well, everyone does. I made it myself."

"Obviously." Jocelyn commented, as it was known the girl always dressed herself for events in Figure Eight. Trying to show off her abilities. "Can I ask you something?" She nodded, leaning with her elbow on the railing so they were face to face, "Do you consider me your friend? 'Cause, we've been hanging out a lot. Well, a lot for me. Considering I never go out unless Kie forces me to."

Evelyn furrowed, thinking over her words. She was used to hang out with Topper and his friends. Not being keen to make friends that only want you for your money. Were the two Lynns friends? She had trusted the Carrera more than others in the last few meetings they had, "Do you want us to be friends?"

"Honestly? Yeah." Jocelyn shrugged, "I've never had a friend." She mumbled, looking down in embarrassment with her hands inside of her pockets. She was surprised when Evelyn intertwined their arms, making her walk down the stairs side to side.

The blonde grinned as she said, "Well, I've never had a real girl friend. So, we're each other's first times." She winked jokingly, both laughing as people eyed them weirdly.