21. the best day

"don't know if snow white's house is near or far awaybut i know i had the best day with you today

but i know i had the best day with you today."

Their plan went to shit. Again. As they neared the Carrera's car. Shoupe was there, and brought the sisters back home after their parents filled a warrant about the missing car. They had no option but to obey, and get in the Sheriff's car. Jocelyn gave Evelyn a look, and she nodded. As soon as she could, she was getting her friend out of her house. She could ask Sarah for help, and they could also bring Kiara along. JJ would help too, but in all honesty, all of the Pogues would. After having a chat with Kiara, Anna entered his oldest daughter's room. Before she could utter a word, she slapped her across the face. Jocelyn turned to her mother slowly "Ouch."

"Don't you dare humor me!" Anna hissed, looking at her in disgust "You had to protect your sister! And you let her go with those friends of hers." Jocelyn's jaw clenched, trying not to say anything "You put her in danger-" Jocelyn's patience wasn't enough tho.

"No, you put her in danger." She pointed a finger at her mother, sniffling back tears "You are the one who was had her trapped her whole life. You were the one with the stupid comments about her body. You were the one with the stupid comments about gay people. You're the one who forced her to be who she is today." She scoffed, chocking in a sob "You know what? Fuck that! My sister is so much better than who you tried to raise her to be. And you know why? Because I told her the truth. The Pogues are her best friends, her family. And she should be allowed to hang out with them. She's beautiful, loving people from the same sex it's not a bad thing. And she's fucking amazing." She wiped her tears with the back of her hand while her mother stood there, speechless. Without another word, Anna left her room. She couldn't stand her anymore. Jocelyn glanced at the window, wondering how much Evelyn was going to take.

The Pogues arrived at the Cameron household, and immediately Evelyn ran inside. JJ cursed under his breath, but she did warn them that she had something to do that couldn't wait. She apologised to Pope, but Jocelyn was her priority as of the moment. She grabbed a bag from her room, one she prepared just a few months ago. She was too focused on getting everything she needed, that she didn't hear the crack of her door as it opened "I got a gift for you."

His voice sounded so distorted, it didn't even sound like himself anymore. Evelyn turned to him slowly. He knew she was after the cross. She knew he had it "I'm busy." She simply replied, looking back at the bag.

"I don't care." He approached her, grabbing her arm. She didn't waste any time in slapping him "Hey, hey, hey." Rafe grabbed her hands so she wasn't able to hurt him "Listen to me. I've got the solution to all of our problems, all right? Just come with me. Please, Evelyn." She shook her head, trying to break away from his touch. He sighed "Why do you have to make it so difficult?" He grabbed her from the waist, ignoring her hits and tightening his grip as they neared his room.