08. the last great american dynasty

"there goes the last great American dynasty""who knows if she never showed up, what could've been"

"who knows if she never showed up, what could've been"

EVELYN pulled up and her mouth immediately fell open, not quite catching why her sister was meeting John B in the middle of a storm, "You're not getting up there." She stated, but the girl in white only rolled her eyes. Another thing she didn't understand was why she didn't change, because she did have the time to put on a shirt and sport shorts. Plus her converse. Wanting to be comfortable if she was going to drive and wait in the car until her sister finished whatever she was going to do.

"Whatever, It'll just take a sec." Sarah was going to open the door, but seeing as she arrived earlier than John, she took the time to turn back to her sister, "Thank you, for everything."

"Of course." Lynn said confused, not even expecting the hug her sister was about to give her. After patting her twice in the back, Sarah left the car excitedly.

"Wish me luck." She squealed, making her think she was totally crazy.

"Good luck." While watching her walk away, she shook her head. Finding the whole thing hilarious. Note the sarcasm. There was nothing else she could do besides change the music on the car, her phone not working well because of the weather. Sighing, she changed yet another song as the Pinkie, the Pogues van, pulled up besides her. She payed no mind until John exited it, sending her a small wave. Lynn gave him a fake smile before rolling her eyes and going back to changing songs.

JJ was surprised when he saw her red car, immediately leaving the van. He wanted to make a dramatic entrance, hoping inside of the car and apologise quickly until she kissed him so he would shut up. Just like in the movies. But that was reality for him, and when he went to open the door it wouldn't because she had locked it. Evelyn turned to the door slowly, raising an eyebrow at his stupidity. Shaking her head with a sigh, she unlocked it. He coughed, entering with nervousness, "Hi." He said, smiling a bit. His plan went to shit, and now he didn't know what to do.

"Hello, blondie." She sat so her body faced him, waiting for whatever he had to say.

He took a deep breath, deciding to continue with the plan, "Ok, so I'm gonna talk and you're gonna listen. All right? Good. So, Rafe and Topper jumped Pope the day I went to your house and did the delivery and the sex and... I'm getting out of track. So, we had to get revenge, right? Pope needed to do something, and I gave him the idea of sinking Topper's boat. They found out he did it, that's why the fight the night of the movies happened." She nodded at the last bit of information, as she knew because Rafe told her, "Then they sued, and because Pope can't lose his scholarship I took the blame. Now I have to pay restitution. And I'm sorry. You're not only sex for me, not anymore. I was out of hand, and I apologise. I needed a distraction but it was wrong of me to think that I could use you as one."