At Least I still Have You

"This is horrible.” Kellin sighed. I walked in from the kitchen, I was making the air smell like sugar, to find Kellin sprawled on the floor with our fake tree.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, smiling at him.

He was surrounded by boxes as we were just moving into our first house. We’ve only been married a year by now. And apparently the tree was more important than our cable.

“I can’t get this damn tree up.” He sighed, throwing the branches down. 

“Want me to call the guys?” I offered. “I’m sure one of them knows how to do this.”

“No…that’s…embarrassing.” He blushed and looked down.

“No it’s not! It’s Christmas!” I shouted happily. I was covered in ingredients. I thankfully wore an apron.

“Fine. But I need something to cover my face of this embarrassment.” He grunted angrily.

“I’ve got just the thing.” I squealed, running into our office where the boxes that belonged in the attic were. I dug through our Christmas stuff and found exactly what I was looking for.

“Are you kidding?” He glanced at me funnily.

“Nope.” I smiled, handing him the fake beard and Santa hat. “I mean, you’re already wearing a Christmas sweater.” I rolled my eyes to the side.

“Fine.” He gave a sarcastic, crooked smile.

“There, you look beautiful!” I squealed.

“Ho-ho-ho, Merry Christmas!” Kellin jokingly went along with it. 

“That a boy!” I scampered back to the kitchen to finish the cookies.

After another hour, the boys showed up. I guess none of them knew how to put up a tree as it was all just a bunch of arguing. I could tell Kellin was getting frustrated. I’ve never seen him so angry.

“You okay?” I whispered as I came into the room. They all gave up and went home, leaving Kellin to his lonesome.

“No.” His head hung low. 

“I know how I can make you feel better. I think…” I blushed, kneeling next to him. 

“Okay?” He asked awkwardly.

“I was going to wait until Christmas morning to tell you, but…I’m pregnant.” I just spilled it out.

“Holy…baby, that’s amazing!” His voice gone to the highest pitch I ever heard as he tackled me to the ground, kissing all over my face.

“I take it you’re excited.” I giggled crazily as he got off of me.

“More than.” He grinned ear to ear.

“I think you can finish the tree, Daddy.” I gave him a sweet smile.

“I think I can, too.” Kellin smiled back at me.