Family

KELLIN QUINN / (Y/N)
INSPIRED BY: A TROPHY FATHER'S TROPHY SON - SLEEPING WITH SIRENS
"Are you ready for this?" I asked Kellin, giving him a fake smile.
"No, I'm absolutely nervous!" He laughed as the artist tried to position himself.
Kellin drug me to his tattoo appointment. I have been unhappy lately because thoughts of my past crept up on me unexpectedly as my father gave me a new text. We got into a fight over text about where he had been in my life. It's been eight years since I've seen him last, seven since he called me. I haven't heard his voice in what seems like forever.
"Are you okay, baby?" Kellin wondered as the buzzing noise started.
"Just peachy." I rolled my eyes.
"That doesn't sound good." He mumbled.
"It isn't." I shook my head. "My dad texted me and we fought." I looked at the ground.
"Are you serious?" Kellin was flabberghasted.
"Yes. I miss him so much and...and he doesn't even give a fuck!" I shouted, nearly disturbing the artist.
"I know how you feel." Kellin whispered. "At least your mom is here for you!" He smiled.
"You don't understand! My dad and I were best friends when I was little...then there was divorce and remarriage and now...he loves her more than me." I mumbled quickly. "It's been hell without him." Tears started to bubble.
"You've got me, I can help you deal with the pain." Kellin reassured me.
"I'm sorry, I'm spilling to much to you." I laughed gently to the artist as I wiped tears.
"No, it's okay." He blushed. "I have almost the same problem." It felt good to know I wasn't alone.
We stopped talking about it for a while. I sat in silence for the next three hours as Kellin got his skin filled with ink.
"We can go home now, baby." He lifted my head by my chin softly.
"Okay." I mumbled, clutching onto him, pulling him towards me.
"You will always have me. You do not need him." Kellin whispered, kissing my hair in the middle of the parlor.
"I hope." I got up and we walked out.
"I will take you home...I will feed you a good dinner...I will watch movies and cuddle you hard...and then I will make sweet, passionate love to you." He promised.
"Really?" My face brightened.
"Anything to keep your mind busy." He caressed my face.
"You're the best." My eyes glistened.
"You're the strongest." He held me close in front of our car.