𝘾𝙧𝙖𝙯𝙮 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣

The tiniest spark can start a fire like a chain reaction. Sometimes you want to let that spark catch so the fire grows. And sometimes you'd better just put it out because fire is contagious. It can spread like a disease. And if you're not careful it'll infect everything.

"Dude, I'm not gonna be some weird buffer between you and your parents." Jack stated as y/n walked past the door of the room he stood in with Miller

"You know, you started this. You're not getting out of it" Miller shook his head before leaving the room. Jack waited until he was gone to spin the dowel on the foosball table harshly and walk out of the room, y/n went into the room Travis was in. It was empty except for him

"I've been watching Jack." She announced Travis looking at her weird "Gibson and I have been paired up on Aid Car this shift, and I still think he's not sleeping too well. He seems fidgety and on edge. And I just saw him arguing with Dean over nothing. What if he came back too soon? "

"You're being paranoid." Travis told her "Jack knows his limits. His psychiatrist cleared him. He wouldn't come back if he wasn't ready."

"Well... Okay, still, I'm a little glad that we didn't have any real medical calls today."You know, ease back in. And shift's over in, like, 15 minutes, so..." The klaxons sounded "No. Oh, no. Not Aid Car. Please."

"Air Car 19, unknown medical at Downtown Seattle Transit Tunnel."

"Happy stalking!" Travis chuckled as she walked off, she ran to get into the passengers side but Jack tried as well

"Oh. No, I figured you'd want to drive." Y/n told him "You haven't driven our brand-new Aid Car yet. It handles like a dream. And I know how much you like working the woop woops."

"Nah, you go ahead." He nodded at her

~

"Subway malfunction. Multiple passengers were injured from a minor fall. The subway is stalled in the tunnel. Use caution when approaching."

"Copy, Dispatch." Jack answered as they got their stuff ready

"Can't believe we pulled a "boo-boo" call this close to end of shift." Y/n told him as they walked up to the station

"A bunch of victims with minor injuries. These always take a while." Jack added

"Yeah. Easy, but a little boring." She shrugged "Not the worst thing, probably."

"Meaning?"

"Our boo-boos are located down in a dark, cramped tunnel." Y/n looked at Jack "Are you gonna be okay with that?"

"Yeah." He looked back at her "Why wouldn't I be?"

~

"You just hold that, okay?" Jack told a girl

"Thank you, dear." She smiled

"You're welcome" he nodded before moving to the next patient."All right. What do we got? Oh, that's not too bad."

Y/n moved to the girl Jack had just checked seeing she lifted the ice pack off, she grabbed it putting it back on "Just keep that ice pack on there, okay? Yeah? The swelling should go down."

She stood up and moved behind him, Jack stood up looking at her "Are you checking my work? You don't think I can handle a sprained wrist?"

"Part of our job is making sure others do theirs." She told him "you do it to me all the time."

"When you were a probie." He argued

"Okay, c'mon, we're almost done." She continued on passing by him and to the next train car