Headmistress

They lay together for a while, just quietly holding one another and savouring the moment. When Draco closed his eyes he just felt so completely happy and after spilling his inner demons to Hermione he felt like a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders. Somehow sharing his pain with her had relieved him of some of it.

He felt like maybe he could finally start something real. Maybe he could put the past behind him and move forward, with her.

His head rested on her chest and her fingers gently wove their way through his hair. He would never have let anyone do that before, he had always hated people touching his hair. This time he sighed with content as she ran her hand down the side of his face.

“Couldn’t you just lie here forever?” She murmured.

He sighed again. “I know, I love… this. I love this seclusion.” He waited anxiously to see what she would say in return.

He wasn’t actually going to say that. He said exactly what he wanted to, but somehow when the words came out it scared him a little. It’s not that he didn’t want to say it; it’s just that he had never said it before. Not to anyone.

Her response was delayed but she finally said something. “I know, so do I.”

He looked up at her with a smile on his face and kissed her.

“You know we should probably get some sleep, we have to be out of here by ten past six. It’s already past midnight.” She said.

He pressed his lips into hers again, taking in the feeling. When he pulled away he sat up to take his belt off and he undid the button on his jeans. “Do you mind?” He looked back, for some reason he felt a little bashful.

Hermione smiled at the rosy glow in his cheeks. “Not one bit.”

He turned his face away with a little laugh. He slipped his jeans over his hips and kicked them off and onto the floor. When he turned back to face her she had done the same and he let his eyes deviate from her face down over her smooth pale legs.

He looked back up to her red cheeks and smirked a little. “I uh, I think you're blushing Granger.” He said arrogantly.

She raised an eyebrow at him with a smile. “Well unless I’m mistaken Malfoy, I believe you are too.”

His smirk turned to a scowl as she gave a playful laugh. As she laughed she thought that she probably shouldn’t have done so, that kind of thing usually makes him mad, but he shook his head and laughed along, followed by a soft kiss.

As his tongue slipped sweetly behind her teeth he climbed in beside her and pulled her into him. He pulled away to give her a lingering look and push her hair pack behind her ears.

She waited for him to say those little words but she knew that they weren’t going to come out of his mouth. Instead his lips met hers again but only for a moment. She wriggled further into his arms and closed her eyes as they lay back.