Getting to Know Draco (short)

Hermione pulled off her wet clothed and dried herself off. She was back in the dormitory after a confusing night with Draco. She could tell that he wanted to be there with her, but the way he left made her think. He had said you can’t choose who and what you were born, he wasn’t talking about her. She hadn’t put too much thought into what he had been dealing with in the last few years. The things he was told to do, the people who were living at his house, the contact with Voldemort and the complete and utter exile he must have felt from the entirety of Hogwarts, excluding Slytherin of course.

“Poor Draco…” she whispered to herself.

No wonder he looked so pained and fragile. Back in the bathroom she had been almost afraid to touch him for fear he would fall to pieces. She wanted to make him forget, she couldn’t imagine the torment he must be feeling. I have to do something, she thought to herself. She wasn’t going to let him suffer, at least not alone.

Draco trudged back to the common room, beginning to freeze in his wet clothing, yet still he walked slowly to feel the ice freezing his blood and to numb him completely. He finally made it back to the dungeons and when he made his way into the common room he collapsed in front of the fire; his teeth chattering and his lips near blue. He relished the pain; he would rather feel like this than feel the way he did when he was with her. He was not weak; he could handle pain and suffering. By god if anyone has suffered it was him; and Potter, but he would never admit it out loud. He shuddered at even the thought in his mind. Potter may have saved his life but that did not make them friends, just lesser enemies.

“Why the hell are you all wet?” He groaned at the sound of Pansy’s nagging voice.

“It’s winter.” He said flatly.

“That doesn’t make you soaking wet.” She flicked her wand and Draco felt his clothes slowly drying out.

He sighed; he was just beginning to forget everything but the pain. Pansy slunk towards him in a way that he expected was supposed to be alluring. She sat beside him and pulled his lips into hers before running her hand down his chest.

“What do you say we go into your dormitory for the rest of the night?” her dark brown eyes looking up at him lustily.

He counted the number of times that he had ventured into various places with Pansy, willingly of course. That was something that he could use to forget. It may sound as though he was cruel but she wouldn’t have been with him if it wasn’t of some personal benefit to her. This time was different. He had felt something that he didn’t think was a part of him; so how could he forget how that felt? One touch from Hermione had filled him with warmth, while Pansy’s hands slithering about his body made him feel nothing. He didn’t understand it.

Draco stood up and walked towards his dormitory, he was the only seventh year Slytherin still at the castle for Christmas so he had the dorm all to himself. He stopped at the entrance to the staircase that led to his room.

“Are you coming or what?” He said coldly.

Pansy leapt from the couch and walked past him and up towards the dorm.

Draco begrudgingly followed.