You Should Know

This is a pretty frantic chapter with time jumps everywhere because I wanted you to see how agitated Draco was. So bear with me if it's annoying or all over the place because that's how I wanted it haha. Anyway, thanks for sticking with the story until now, There wil be a video on the side that is a teaser trailer for the last few chapters. Let me know what you think and I will try to upload as soon as possible. Again, thanks so much for your support guys, you make me feel really proud of my work and to be honest i'm just happy that someone out there enjoys reading it! Anyway... here it is.

                                                                              ~~~

Hermione had started to notice the others all reading the prophet quite thoroughly in recent weeks. To be fair, they weren’t just distrustful people, she had a seen a few things that looked suspicious but she knew that they just had post-Voldemort paranoia. These things happened a lot before he returned to power and probably even before he rose to power the first time.

Things like trading banned goods were definitely not uncommon but Harry had mentioned it a few weeks earlier after having seen it in the paper. Ginny saw an article on the mysterious disappearances and re-appearances of some witches and wizards. Hermione had read something two days ago saying that they were having slight problems with the floo powder network and that was probably accountable for that.

All in all, everything seems to be easily explainable in the long run but they couldn’t shake that bad feeling. Why were those aurors attacked?

Hermione put down her copy of the prophet and took a spoonful of cereal into her mouth. Dean and Seamus were arguing over the semantics of something in their magical theory class, though it could have been anything. The two of them argue more than anyone else she knew.

Neville and Ron were discussing Quiddich and Ginny was listening in. Harry was reading one of his textbooks. Hermione looked over to see that it was for Arithmancy.

“I didn’t know that you took Arithmancy Harry.” He looked up and closed his book.

“I thought I should branch out and take something that most people avoid, you know, give myself a bit of a competitive edge when it comes to work but it’s absolutely doing my head in. There’s only a month until exams and I just don’t know if I’m going to pass it.” He took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes, clearly tired from study.

“Well, the last few weeks have seemed to go by very quickly, I don’t remember all the other years going by this fast.” Hermione sighed.

“Maybe it’s because this has actually been a relatively normal year.” Harry said.

“Is that a bad thing?” Hermione smiled.

“Well, if you’d have asked me that question two years ago I would have absolutely begged for a normal school year, but this time it’s getting closer and closer to exams and I’m starting to think that they aren’t going to be cancelled this year.” Hermione let out a laugh that echoed in the hall and Harry joined her with his head leaning on his arms and his shoulders shaking.