Chapter 2

Roman's pov

Leaving the house with Chris in my black R8 Audi we're heading to the college, it's 10:03 and we live like 20 minutes away from Boston University. I was born in FL but recently I realised that in the UK college and university are completely different but here it's interchangeable.

Turning into the uni car park I see a woman's box fall apart and another woman help her pick her things up, there's so much shit in that thing.

Shutting my car door and taking my boxes from the backseat I carry them to the entrance, silently hoping my box doesn't do what that lady's box did. With Chris creeping behind me we walk into our shared office to set up our things. We have one week until uni starts but we only made it into Boston yesterday at 4 am. Both Chris and I were tired but we couldn't be bothered unpacking everything the next day so we unpacked for like 12 hours and just slept.

Setting up my desk and hanging my jacket on the coat hanger I grab my other box and go to my auditorium. We have our own auditorium because of course we have to teach at the same time. My auditorium is black. I'm assuming all of the auditoriums are the same because I remember walking past Chris' and his looks the same as mine.

It's been around 3 hours, probably less than that. It took no longer than 15 minutes to do my stuff but I wanted to plan some lessons so I don't have to later. I make my way to Chris' auditorium hoping he's there because I'm hungry and done with everything I need to do today.

Chris' pov

This auditorium is cool, it's black but not too dark. Of course it's got lights but it has different settings, shit those in my bedroom and that would be the end for any lady that walks in. Not my mother or sister though... My stomach rumbling letting me know that I really need some food in my system.

The door opens and I turn around to see Roman walk in, "Ayo I'm hungry Roman let's go eat I'm all done."

"Yea that's what I came for, there's a subway not far from here so hurry up because I'm gonna be in the car." Roman replies. Grabbing my things from my desk I walk out and lock the auditorium.

Running over to the Audi I get in and Roman goes speeding down the road. Getting to the subway within 3 minutes we walk into an empty shop only for a boy with short blonde-orange hair to walk out through the back. He's wearing an apron with a black shirt and jeans.

Roman orders a footlong meatball marinara with chipotle sauce, extra cheese, extra olives and 4 cookies. I order a classic tuna footlong with olives, 2 cookies and 2 cool blue gatorades, one for him.

"That'll be $23.70, cash or card?"

"Card" I say pulling my card out of my wallet and swiping it on the card reader.

Sitting down on a stool waiting for him to do our orders I swipe through my phone and check my uni classes. I teach mainly psychology but I also teach biology with Roman because it was one of my favourite subjects. Roman decided to do psychology with me when we had to do 2 subjects. Roman teaches biology and psychology like me, but he teaches biology in uni.

After checking my uni classes and class plans for most of my classes I hear the subway worker call us up for our orders. Grabbing the bag I walk out behind Roman into his car, opening the bag and handing him his sub I tear open mine and take a huge bite sighing at the taste. It's tuna so it's probably some gross shit but I don't need to know about all that.

Finishing half my sub I wrap it up because Roman pulls into our garage. We have 2 siblings, a brother and a sister. Our grandparents retired a year ago. They had a business and left it to us. Our parents have their own business so they're too busy to handle a new one. We have cousins but our uncle and aunt haven't talked to our grandparents for decades and never introduced their children to them so they didn't want to leave a business to them or their children. See if they don't know their grandchildren why would they leave a business to them?