Chapter 21

Farai's pov

Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes I sit up against the headboard, I'm getting deja vu from when I woke up at the house in Boston. This isn't the house in Boston but it's a big room. There's some chairs and a table with a range of alcohol and glasses. Let me not leave out the amount of doors and space. Picking up the note from the nightstand I read it.

Go take a shower you were sweating a lot on the plane, go find your clothes. They're in the closet. Your phone is in the nightstand drawer.

Make yourself at home my love.

:) C + R

Opening the drawer I take my phone out. 24th December 18:42.

Looking through all the doors in the room except from the one that is obviously an exit I find the bathroom, turning the shower on to heat it I get 2 towels. All my products are in the shower along with my hygiene stuff. I clean my body, getting all of the sweat and dirt off. Rubbing my cream, oils and shea butter on my skin I wrap a towel around my body.

Placing the other towel on the floor I move the full body length mirror in front of me, turning on the shower I sit down beginning to detangle my hair. After detangling I wash my hair with my shampoo and conditioner, twisting my hair with curling cream. I put a bonnet on then roam through the closet.

The room is warm so I wear a big t-shirt and one of the boys' shorts, pairing it with socks. Finishing some episodes of my show I go back into the bathroom to undo the twists and comb out my curls. Removing the stitches and nose tape I reapply some new ones leaving some cuts out to breathe.

My stomach rumbling reminds me that I haven't eaten well for a while, I turn the lights off then leave the room. I look down the hallway seeing the ceiling is over 20 feet high. Chandeliers line the roof and plants stand on column pillars. Shutting the door I stroll down the hallway finding steps going down, running down the stairs I pass by many doors as the sound of shouting and talking increases.

"Ciao principessa del cioccolato." (Hello chocolate princess.) A voice calls out when I pass a room full of men surrounding a poker table. Walking backwards I look at all of them, they're wearing suits or shirts with slacks. "Cosa stai facendo qui?" (What are you doing here?)

Keeping a straight face I don't respond, I only stare at the man talking to me. "What are you doing here?" He repeats. "Come in."

"Handitaure chirungu." (I don't speak English.) Using my native language, Shona, comes in handy. This way I don't need to speak to any of them properly. "Uh." Pointing to myself then making a cross with my arms I make a speaking mouth with my hand. "Chirungu." (English.) "English." I say with a strong Zim accent.

He pulls out a gun aiming it at my head, sprinting down the hall I hear him shout, "cazzo." (fuck.) Then I hear fast footsteps behind me. Quickly turning my head around I see him putting the gun into his waistband.

"Iwe benzi remukomana." (You foolish boy.) I say holding my hands high.

"Did you escape from the cages?" Cages?

"Ndochii ichocho." (What the fuck?) I mutter running from the man again, going up all the steps with him hot on my tail I reach the very top. Slamming into a body my back slaps against the floor, pushing myself up and landing on my feet, I see a huge man. He's built. I don't remember seeing him.

"Portala nelle gabbie." (Take her to the cages.) The man who was chasing me demands. Grabbing my arm, the big man leads me to an elevator with the other man pressing the lowest floor. "Parlerai inglese adesso?" (Will you speak English now?)