Chapter 3

In the morning, I get up brush my teeth and put on my robes heading down to the great hall early might give me time to clear my head I think to myself. As I push open the great hall doors, I'm surprised to find I'm not the only one who had the idea of eating early.

  "Good morning PoTtAH, I see you're up early." I hear Malfoy saying from across the hall.

  "Wow Malfoy I'm surprised, I mean, I had the impression that you value your beauty sleep." I say right back, I wasn't in the mood for an argument right now especially with Malfoy of all people.

  "Hmmm yes my beauty sleep, well it's a little hard to sleep when I have to plan what potion I'll be doing with you tonight and to worry about all the ways you could wreck it." He replies smoothly.

  "Oh, shove off I'm not that bad at potions Malfoy." I answer him angrily.

  "Whatever you say PoTtaH." He says while getting up to leave, "just remember to be there at 5:00pm sharp, I don't really care for people who are always late." I stand there for a while going over his words, although I suddenly remember what I'm here for, and it's not to think about Malfoy. God I really need to clear my head, especially with this dumb tournament coming up and Ron's mad, Hermione's on his side... this sucks! After thinking and eating a small breakfast I get up and go to Transfiguration, not caring that I'll most likely be the first one there.

Classes end and the dread that I'd been trying to supress deep within myself all day finally started to bubble up like boiling hot water that'll melt you from the inside out.

  "Augh" I groaned as I sulked sadly in a chair next to the fire in the common room.

I was tired so before I knew it, I started to drift off to sleep. When I woke up, I looked at the time, 5:25, Malfoy's going to kill me dang it. I ran down the corridor and without realising I bumped into someone while going down the stairs.

  "PoTtAH get up!" I heard a voice say, I immediately knew it was Malfoy. "Who knew the chosen one had vision so horrible he can't even see me; I thought those glasses were supposed to help you PoTtAh."

  "Oh, whatever Malfoy, you act like yours is so perfect."

  "It is too, don't act so high and mighty PoTtAH. Anyways I'll be going now, considering that you're late."

I was going to leave but I came to my senses and made either the best or worst decision of my entire life.

  "Malfoy, Professor Dumbledore asked us to do these lessons, I'm sure he has a reason for it all, now shut up and let's go to the classroom."

  "Well, if you want to do them soooo bad then fine, but don't be late again PoTtAh" he smirked as he said it and went to the classroom. I blushed. Why am I blushing?! Is it because of the tone he used!? Augh! Stupid Malfoy!

  After walking in silence for a while, I asked Malfoy where we're going.

  "Patience PoTtAH, don't ask again or I will turn around and leave"

  "Then Dumbledore will get mad at you for not tutoring me," I replied haughtily.

  "Then I'll just reply that you're an unbearable pain in the side, we'll see who's in trouble then, besides it's technically true. You are being an unbearable pain in the side."

  "Oh really, telling the truth? Being a good boy this year for daddy?" I said in a mock baby tone. "Aww Malfoy wants to make daddy proud of him, maybe he'll get a sticker for being a good boy."

             I didn't even know when it happened, first I was mocking Malfoy and in the next second, I was pushed up against the wall with Draco's wand pointed at my neck. I instantly brought my hands up to his wand hand trying to pull him away from me, but just as his looks had changed so had his strength. His face was so close to mine to the point I could smell the hint of mint in his breath, I felt my face heat up. Out of embarrassment I turned my head away, but his soft hand grabbed my face and pulled it back. He glared at me.

  "Watch what you say Potter, about me and my father, and you're no better. Want to explain how your name got picked from the tournament cup."

  "I don't know! I really don't!"

  "Oh, I'm sure everyone will believe that, especially from the chosen one." He said in a sarcastic tone, ending it off with a dramatic eye roll.

  "I'm not lying!!! I really don't know!!"

At this point I could feel my face getting hot, as well as hot tears welling up in my eyes. I tried my hardest not to let them fall and it worked but it didn't go unseen by Draco.

  "Hey! Potter, are you ok?"

His grip on me loosened a bit so I took the opportunity to shove him off.

  "Yeah, I'm fine let's just go. Get this tutoring over with." I muttered. We walked in silence all the way to the classroom. It turned out to be Snape's classroom. I turned to him confused.

  "Why are we in Snape's classroom?"

  "Because I'm tutoring you for potions class!"

  "Oh, right"

  "Idiot" Draco mumbled under his breath as we went into the class.

  "So, uh today we're just going to make a simple potion, the Wideye potion." said Draco

  "What's that one?"

  "Are you an idiot PotTaH?"

  "Tsk whatever, how do I make it?"

  "Ugh, here I'll help you" Draco said as he came over with the ingredients and book required for the recipe.

  "Alright follow the instructions"

  "Aren't you supposed to help me make it"

  "Don't question my methods Potter." He gave me the death glare, so I quickly looked at the book.

  "A-alright...sorry" I mumbled.

  "Hah! Wow, the chosen one to say sorry to me. Do I intimidate you that much Potter?" He said in a deep voice.

  "Hah! Ron was right about you Malfoy; your ego is bigger than we thought" I said smugly.

  "Tsk, whatever..." he mumbled, he was red in the cheeks, a win for me. Before we both knew it, it was time to head back up to the common rooms.

  "Alright Potter, you didn't blow up Professor Snape's classroom like I had anticipated, but you are pretty good at making the Wideye potion. Seems like I'm doing my job perfectly."

  "Yeah yeah."

  "Well then, good-bye almighty chosen one." With that he winked and left with a smirk on his face.

I smirked back this time which caused him to turn red again and run off. I returned to the Gryffindor common room and smiled to myself, that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, maybe Malfoy isn't that bad after all, and with that I drifted off to sleep.