Chapter 10

Later that night I finish putting on my robes and start walking down to the great hall with Ron.

  "I mean who is Hermione even going with." Ron says for like the millionth time today.

  "I don't know Ron." I answer right as we reach the great hall doors.

  With that Ron goes off with his date. I look around to see if Draco is here yet. While walking around I feel someone sneak up behind me.

  "Hey PoTtAH." I hear Draco whisper in my ear.

  "Merlin you scared me." I say turning around to face Draco.

  "Are you-" Draco gets cut off by McGonagal coming up to us.

  "Well since all the champions and there dates are here I guess we should start." She tells us.

  We all start to line up with our dates and I begin to feel a bit nervous for the fact that Ron and everyone else will know that Draco and I are together.

  "Hey, it will be fine." I hear Draco telling me, "just don't step on my toes too much."

  With that we walk into the great hall. I feel like everyone is staring at us, but I calm down a little bit when I feel Draco's hand slip into mine. I look over to where Ron is standing with his date, but I regret it as soon as I do. He looked so mad, even more mad than when he first heard my name come out of the cup. Before I can think more about what will happen the music starts.

  "Don't think about anything else but me okay." Draco says, probably sensing my over thinking.

  I nod my head and start moving my feet to the beat just like we practiced and after a few seconds I completely forget about everyone in the room besides me and Draco.

  The song soon ends and a faster one starts on so we leave the dance floor.

  "You want a drink?" Draco asks as we walk over to a table.

  "Yeah sure." I answer.

  "Okay, sit down and I'll grab us two." He tells me.

  With that I sit down and watch Draco walk away to the drink table.

  "Looks like you're having fun." I jump as I hear Hermione's voice from behind me.

  "Yeah, Draco's great once you get to know him." I answer, "and looks like you're having fun with Krum too." I say teasingly.

  At that she blushes a little shade of pink.

  "Here you go." I hear Draco says while handing me a drink, "oh hey Granger I would've gotten you a drink but looks like your dates got it." He says as Krum comes to give Hermione a drink.

  We all sit around the table talking and getting to know each other better. After a few more hours of drinking and dancing we head back to the doors to leave.

  "Well if it isn't the two traitors." We hear a familiar voice saying from behind us.

  "Ron?" I question him, why does he sound so spiteful?

  "Don't act so innocent." He spits at me.

  "Lay off of Harry, Weasley." Draco spits right back.

  "Don't even get me started on you, you foul little snake." With that he takes out his wand and before we could react, he shouts a spell and Draco and he turns into a ferret.

  "Turn him back!" I shout.

  "Don't think so." He smirks back.

  At this point Hermione brings out her wand and transfigures Draco back.

  "What the hell Weasley!" Draco shouts walking closer to me and holding me by my waist, almost in a protective way.

  "Don't talk to me you scum." Ron shouts," This is between me and Harry."

  "Ron leave Harry alone, if you were a good friend you'd except him." Hermione says in a pissed off voice.

  "Yeah, cause I'm the bad friend." Ron says sarcastically.

  I can't take it anymore and run off.

  "You'll pay for this Weasley." I hear Draco say before he followings me.

  I continue to walk away with no idea of where I'm going.

  "Harry, please wait." I hear Draco say as he catches up to me.

  We walk in silence side by side, me following the way Draco is going. We walk for what seems like a while until we reach a portrait of Salazar Slytherin.

  "Polyjuice." Draco says which causes the portrait to open.

  "Why are we at the Slytherin common room?" I ask him.

  "Well I know that you and Ron sleep in the same dorm and well I figured you wouldn't want to be that close to him for a while, so I brought you here." He says.

  We walk into the empty common room, meaning everyone was either asleep or still at the ball. I follow Draco up a set of twisting stairs till he turns onto a floor and continues down the hallway till we reach the end.

  "You don't need to worry about anyone else, everyone in the Slytherin house has there own room." He says before going to open the door.

  I follow him in and am met by many colours of green and grey.

  "Sorry about all the green, I am a Slytherin you know." He says jokingly, trying to lighten my mood.

  "I don't mind I really like the colour green, reminds me of my mom." I say thinking of the countless times people have told me I have my mothers eyes.

  "Well umm I can lend you a hoodie if you want so you don't need to stay in your robes." Draco says.

  I blush at the thought of wearing his clothes but nod my head non-the-less. He hands me a green hoodie with his quidditch number and last name on it.

  "Here you can change into this and I'll go to the bathroom to change." He says walking in the direction of what I'd assume is the bathroom door.

  I take off my robes putting his sweater on so I'm left with wearing just his sweater and my boxers. I sit down on the bed waiting for Draco.

  "You can lay down you know." Draco says walking out of the bathroom in a loose hoodie and his own boxers.

  He comes over to the bed pulling the sheets back and getting in with me. We lay there for a few minutes quietly until Draco wraps his hands around my waist pulling me into him, spooning me. It talks a minute or two but I finally fully relax in his arms and begin to fall asleep.

  "Goodnight Teddybear." Draco says softly.

  That night I slept one of the best sleeps I've had with a light blush on my face.