Chapter 16

The next day I wake up to the sound of the shower running. I get out of bed needing to brush my teeth, but not wanting to walk in on Draco. I soon decide to knock on the door. 

  “Hey, ummm Draco can I come in..?” I question. 

  “Oh yeah, you can.” He replies. 

  I open the door and find that there is a lot of steam in the room. I go over to the drawer that I had put some of my stuff in and take out my toothbrush putting some toothpaste on it and begin to brush my teeth. 

  “Hey, Teddybear.” I hear Draco say for close behind me. 

  I turn around to find Draco wearing a towel around his waist with water droplets dripping off his skin. 

I turned beet red, but soon recovered as I wanted to tease him back. 

  “Hey hot-shot~” 

  “Aww, my little Teddybear called me hot.” 

  “Mmmm,” I mumbled as my attempt to tease me beloved boyfriend backfired. 

  “Anyway, are you done? I need to brush my teeth and shower. 

  “I don’t mind staying here while you do that~” he replies in a flirty matter. 

  “DRACO IT’S TO EARLY FOR THIS!!!!” 

  “Alright alright, jeez, I didn’t know Teddybear was so cranky in the morning, didn’t you have to wake up early and deal with that excuse of an uncle and aunt? Not to mention that pig boy, pain in the neck, was it?” 

  I chuckled, “It’s Dudley, Malfoy. And for the record me being cranky in the morning is your fault. You made me soft.” I said while turning back to the mirror. 

  “Soon enough I won’t be the only Malfoy between us.” 

  “D-Draco...” Before I could finish, he lightly kissed my neck then left to change. I was blushing all through brushing my teeth and showering. When I was done, I wrapped my towel around my waist and walked out to change. As I got to the bed with my robes and tie laid out for me. I brought the tie up close to my face for about a minute, making sure I wasn’t imagining red on the tie. 

  “Merlin, relax Teddybear, it’s the right tie I made sure.” 

  “Mmmm, ok.” Before I could start getting ready Draco wrapped his arms around me tight, while practically laying on me while standing causing me to bend over and crouch down at the same time by his weight. As I started to protest, he ‘shushed’ me then started to litter my neck and shoulder blades with light butterfly kisses.  

  “Draco...” I warn. 

  “If you're trying to threaten me Teddybear it’s not going to work. Besides we both know you’re the small one here.” 

  “Yes, but still I still have morning brain so if you don’t get of me I will-” I was cut off by his lips on mine (THE AUDACITY OF THIS MAN TO CUT ME OFF MID SENTENCE, I WILL CRUCIO HIS ------), he kissed me passionately but was still gentle. His soft hands cupped my face as if I would break at any given moment. Just with that simple movement I could tell something was wrong with my boyfriend. 

  “Draco? Is something wrong?” 

  “What? No nothing's wrong. Everything's fine.” 

  “Draco, I know something’s wrong. You’re nervous and jittery.” It was my turn to cup his face while looking him in the eye. 

  “It’s just- this tournament is scaring me, Harry; I’m scared that something will happen to you.” Never in my life have I ever seen Draco Malfoy of all people show just how scared he is. 

  “Draco, everything will be fine. I promise. Besides I have you to help me plan out what to do.” I kissed his forehead, then his cheeks, then his nose, and then his soft and quivering lips. He immediately started to kiss back. It was sweet but passionate. He traces my bottom lip with his tongue not soon after. 

  “DRACO! We need to get to class.” I scold him. 

  “Fine, fine.” He huffs back in response, “guess I’ll just save it up for later.”  

  With that he went back to getting his stuff in his bag, leaving me blushing just at the thought. 

    A couple more months pass and I still don’t have any idea about what the next task is. I started to hang out around Ron and Hermione again, sometimes even with Draco. I still have tutoring, but it’s not that bad, seeming as it’s Draco who is tutoring me. Everything was going fine until Dumbledoor reminded me that I should prepare for the task. Finally this stupid tournament is almost over. Draco has started to get more protective as the last task comes nearer. I don’t blame him, I mean it must be nerve racking for him not knowing what will happen and not being able to do anything about it. We haven’t had much time by ourselves either, seeming as Hermione is also trying to help me prepare and Pansy doesn’t bother to knock. Me, well I’m a little worried, but non the less having a good time with my friends and boyfriend.  

  “Harry, come on. Let’s go to lunch.” Draco says. 

  “I need to practice more though, Draco.” I protest. 

  “Well you won’t have a chance of winning if you don’t eat.” Draco says, leading the way to the great hall. 

  That’s how the last few days have been going. Draco preparing me for what’s coming up. I know that it’s only because he’s worried, but he’s been a lot more on edge.